Old 26-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Roy

Default Fire Ants and ponds

I was wrong on the name...it is NOT Prowel, but a product called
ENFORCER....works almost imediately. If you dampen the area prior to
putting out this dust, it will not blow around and its just as
effective. I just went outside to the wifes half barrel garden and
noticed the liner was a bit deforemed on the lip that goes around the
wood on the barrel itself, and just bumping on this a bit unleased a
horde of fire ants that must have moved into the space between the
liner and barrel or up under the barrel almost over night. I applied
some Enforcer between the liner and barrel half, and also up under the
barrel, and within 15 minutes not an ant would resond if you bumped
the barrel anymore...they left or got killed.......

I wold suggest dusting an area under a preform pool liner with
something like enforcer as its next to impossible to fully backfill
under a lot of preforms, and also between the liner and the wood
barrels. It should not present any problems enclosed in these areas,
and would ward off any future infestations of ants or oteher insects
later on. I may be wrong in my way of thinking, and if I am let me
know..........usually not a problem in most newsgroups....as most are
sure enough going to give an opinion.

Not much I can do about ther deform in the lip, its not much and
barely noticeable, as its just the way the barrel stave in that area
was just a smidgen out of place.

Regards

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
Fire Ants and ponds Roy Ponds 0 26-08-2004 05:01 PM
McNally fire salvage was Extreme fire danger! Larry Harrell alt.forestry 0 31-07-2003 02:02 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM