Old 26-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Nedra Crow

Default Yo - Dale of Filtration

Hi Dale,
I have a post all ready to send But Earthlink wont send it because it is
HTML. I checked my settings and all read "text only"..... is the problem
on your
end?

Anyway, I am glad you posted and wish you the best for the winter. I'll
bet your
pond clears for you before the snow flies. How's that for luck?

Nedra

Old 27-08-2004, 12:21 AM
W. Dale

Hi, Nedra! :-)
Try this e-mail addy. I have it set to accept all HTML. That should
work and thanks for the wishes! Only problem is, it has already snowed
on the Peak last week! And we are supposed to get snow in the mountains
and lower elevations this weekend. However, I love you optimism and
will go with it. I am hoping it clears before snow as well.
Question: How much Ironite (7-6-6) should one add at a time to get the
WH from yellow brown back to green? The VF is 540 gallons and the pond
is, well, I punch in number in the pond calculators and I am not buy
what it says. I believe my pond to be at least 4000 gal. Pond
calculator says more. So, I just kinda take the difference. I have
added a few handfuls of Ironite this afternoon just to start getting a
little something in the water. I keep reading that Ironite it the way
to go for WH.

Next project, web site for the pictures.
Have a great evening! :-)

Old 27-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Nedra

But Dale, Earthlink wont send with your HTML in the response. I know how
confusing that sounds. IOWS lose the HTML in your posts.
I know nothing about Water Hyacinths and their needs... I have a veggie
filter crammed full of
them but they are a gorgeous green and so I don't have to feed them anything
at all.

Thanks for liking my optimism!! God knows I try ;-)

Nedra

Old 27-08-2004, 03:35 AM
Nedra

We are like ships passing in the night The above post zoomed right on
through.
Forget my note Earthlink noted in the post above.
Nedra

nk.net...

Old 27-08-2004, 04:35 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:21:50 -0600, "W. Dale" wrote:

WH from yellow brown back to green? The VF is 540 gallons and the pond
is, well, I punch in number in the pond calculators and I am not buy
what it says. I believe my pond to be at least 4000 gal. Pond
calculator says more. So, I just kinda take the difference.

Hi Dale,

Pardon me for jumping in here, but regarding volume, without metering the
next closest thing to use is salt, see www.click2roark.com and click on
salinity calculator, it is very easy, though one does need a salt test kit
to do it.

I found out what I thought was 1850 gallons of pond was only 1500, but
always the optimist (when not in pain) that just means it is cheaper to
treat if needed. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~