Old 13-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Happy'Cam'per

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message news:6sn812-

PP might be overkill. But it's cheap, and cold water will only rinse off

the
good sized bugs. It certainly isn't going to eliminate microscopic
organisms.

A quick soak in PP or Bleach and/or a mild disinfectant, coupled with a cold
water rinse will
DEFINITELY remove even microscopic organisms. I have recently been dabbling
in home tissue culture (cloning of plants), and this is the method of
sterilisation I have been using for the cultures. I have varying degrees of
success I'll admit, but its working nonetheless (A nice clean Lab would be
nice).

_
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Old 13-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Derek Broughton

Happy'Cam'per wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message news:6sn812-

PP might be overkill. But it's cheap, and cold water will only rinse off

the
good sized bugs. It certainly isn't going to eliminate microscopic
organisms.

A quick soak in PP or Bleach and/or a mild disinfectant, coupled with a
cold water rinse will
DEFINITELY remove even microscopic organisms.

PP might (probably does- I just have no definite knowledge) . Chlorine in
any form will not. It kills some, but not all.

(A nice clean
Lab would be nice).

You can never get a Lab clean, you can only lessen the mess. They spend too
much time in ponds. But perhaps you didn't mean the dogs... :-)
--
derek

Old 13-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Happy'Cam'per

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message news:efkg12-
You can never get a Lab clean, you can only lessen the mess. They spend

too
much time in ponds. But perhaps you didn't mean the dogs... :-)

LOL, Come up to the Lab and see whats on the slab...
--
**So long, and thanks for all the Sweet Transvestites!**