Old 11-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Karen,

Where I live when they spray for mosquitoes they run up
and down the alleys. Don't know about your area, but
here we can request that the spray truck not go down
our alley.

So far they have respected all requests, because some
people are allergic to the spray that they use.

Tom L.L.
-------------------------------------
Karen wrote:
In article , rasta
writes:

pesticides are a very real possibilty. i live in a suburban area -
very close to neighbors. also being in zone 9 and near the coast the
county sprays for mosquitoes

when I lived in Houston, they sprayed at 2 am, so most people weren't aware of
it. how close is your pond to the street, mine was at the very back of my
property, and I didn't have any problems with the spray reaching them. I also
had quite a few trees to stop the penetration. I always worried about the
spraying.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 11-09-2004, 05:52 PM

while it can be city/county spraying that is the problem many are using Bti which is
not toxic for fish. it is the neighbor next door or the "for hire" sprayers like for
termites that overspray (stupid neighbors, cheap labor).
I talked to people on both sides about not spraying anything without telling me.
unfortunately, the "natural" insecticides... pyrethrin are extremely toxic to fish
whereas synthetics like malathion are less so. often it is the "carriers" in the
pesticides that are very toxic, like naptha based carriers.
Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 13-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Happy'Cam'per

"Cam" wrote in message

Cam

Nice to see another Cameron *handshakes*
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**