Old 30-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Ka30P

Default Rosie red fathead minnows illegal

As per my agreement with Lady Bullfrog I went
to PetsMart to purchase rosie red fathead minnows
for her to keep her in the big pond and happy.

PetsMart no longer carries them. The 20-something
clerk said they are now illegal in the state of WA.
Drat.
So I bought a bunch of small goldfish for her, since
all we have in the pond right now are about 12 5" and
bigger goldfish left over from the great winter kill.
All these look to be longer than her body but knowing
bullfrogs you never know...

I went on the web today and reading through all the
gobble-dee-gook it looks like everything I've ever
had in the pond is now illegal. But maybe one of you
is versed in legal mumbo jumbo.
http://slc.leg.wa.gov/wsr/2003/21/03-21-173.htm
I'm not too worried about it as nothing has filtered down
to the common ponder that I know of.
But I will tell Lady Bullfrog she is fugitive from justice and to mind her p's
and q's or I will set the law on her.

kathy :-)
Old 31-05-2004, 05:04 PM
bmuller

I thought you were fixin' to go after your lady bullfrog with a shotgun. Now
you're feeding her? :-)

Old 31-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Ka30P

Bmuller wrote I thought you were fixin' to go after your lady bullfrog with a
shotgun. Now
you're feeding her? :-)

Yes, is part of a bilateral, interspecies cessation of hostilities. That's my
story and I'm sticking to it. I'm not going to confess that one 6 ounce
amphibian flummoxed our best efforts.

kathy :-)

"A good illegal alien is a dead illegal alien". Cannot bedisputed. Ted[_2_] Gardening 13 14-03-2008 11:04 AM
rosy red minnows julian doherty Ponds 12 21-10-2004 01:05 AM
fathead vs hamburger gill bluegill phil Ponds 0 22-06-2004 02:08 AM
Rosie Reds D. S. Ponds 3 02-06-2003 03:57 PM
Rosy Red Minnows Robert Liles Ponds 1 17-04-2003 12:08 AM