Old 26-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Denise

Default Last pond pic from this season

Took this one a couple of weeks ago:

http://community.webtv.net/drcmtc3/p.../mailedD41.jpg

This past weekend I cut back the yellowing pond plants and placed the
pots in bins filled with water in the basement. The one tropical plant,
a black taro, spends winters in a sunny window. I've had that plant four
years.

The pump is out and stored way till spring and the fish are in their
winter home, the tank inside the house. Hope we don't have a long
winter...I'll sure be missing my pond!

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 26-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Pinkpggy

We too have cut back our plants and placed them on the bottom of the pond. We
had our first big frost Sunday night, Oct 24th. Our little boy fishing has now
gone back to school until next spring, and all the little animals around the
pond are hibernating till spring too. lol
Jan
"Our Pond" Page
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/index.html
Old 28-10-2004, 03:46 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

...I'll sure be missing my pond!
Denise

I covered the koi ponds about 2 weeks ago. Last week we winterized the Demo
Pond. All Tropical lilies have been brought in, Taros, Bog Lily and the
houseplants still on the deck got sprayed for bugs today and will be
brought in by or before the weekend.

All plants left in the lily pond still need to be clipped and then the pond
covered. Family is still working on milk containers, they have 3 more they
need to drink, so I can silicon them shut and float them on the lily pond
to help support the shade cloth this year. The 4 boards I used last year
weren't enough when we got heavy snow, and milk bottles are cheaper than
more boards. And many other little chores, that by the time I'm done
preparing for winter, spring better not come too soon. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 28-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Nedra

My pond guy is due any minute to put yet a heavier net on the pond. The
deer netting
I bought at Lowe's has way too big holes for the tiny leaves that will be
falling in a day
or two. Temp is supposed to get up to 80 degrees tomorrow. Gosh I love
this time
of year. - although like Jan I just hope all the outdoor chores will be
finished before spring
gets here ;-)

Nedra

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
[...]