Old 11-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Cam

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:06:00 -0000, Fireball wrote:

Fireball is what is known, technically, as a ****wit. It is a
legitimate Australian term for an unteachable ignorant person. Into
the kill file with him.
--
Crashj

Now we all know that you are a juvenile - thought so.

Fireball

Hey! you bottom posted, All right Fireball! Yay!!

Old 12-11-2004, 07:40 AM
zookeeper

NO PHOTOS!! Yes, I'm shouting because you don't seem to "get it." ...
DON'T POST BINARIES (aka pictures, photos) ON TEXT-ONLY NEWSGROUPS --
compressed or not, they're not appropriate here. Thank you.

Fireball wrote in message news:41928260$1@padme....
Thanks for that. It seems that us in the UK are 'spoilt' with broadband.
It seems that you guys in USA don't have it. But at 56K that I used for

the
last 5 years a few 10's of K didn't take an hour to download. What
connection speed do you have?

My connection speed is not the problem ... the issue is that binaries do not
belong in text-based newsgroups. That's all. Simple message. Don't post
photos or pictures here. Set up a web page, post on any number of available
web sites that offer picture hosting, or use the alt.binary newsgroups. Then
the reader can decide when they want to download pictures, photos, web
pages, etc.
--
Zookeeper

Old 14-11-2004, 06:12 PM
chagoi

Crashj wrote:

BPL: Broadband Over power Line
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5163739.html
http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/15/technology/web_outlet/
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...werline16.html

Hey Crashj
Here's proof that Europe is a lot less in the dark ages than the U.S.
http://www.hydro.co.uk/broadband/index.asp
You can choose between Gold (1M), Silver (500k) and Bronze (150k)
service options, whatever suits your needs and your budget.

"There NAWWW" (In my thickest Pennsylvania Dutch Accent)
I've hopefully satisfied all the proponents/advocates of Top, Bottom,
and In-line Posting. While increasing the on-line download time for our
dialup readers. :-)

or ISDN or DSL.

BPL: Broadband Over power Line
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5163739.html
http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/15/technology/web_outlet/
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...werline16.html

Hey Crashj
Here's proof that Europe is a lot less in the dark ages than the U.S.
http://www.hydro.co.uk/broadband/index.asp
You can choose between Gold (1M), Silver (500k) and Bronze (150k)
service options, whatever suits your needs and your budget.

"There NAWWW" (In my thickest Pennsylvania Dutch Accent)
I've hopefully satisfied all the proponents/advocates of Top, Bottom,
and In-line Posting. While increasing the on-line download time for our
dialup readers. :-)

Nope, the technology does not work, it only has the support of
Congress. Oh, wait, never mind.

BPL: Broadband Over power Line
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5163739.html
http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/15/technology/web_outlet/
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...werline16.html

Hey Crashj
Here's proof that Europe is a lot less in the dark ages than the U.S.
http://www.hydro.co.uk/broadband/index.asp
You can choose between Gold (1M), Silver (500k) and Bronze (150k)
service options, whatever suits your needs and your budget.

"There NAWWW" (In my thickest Pennsylvania Dutch Accent)
I've hopefully satisfied all the proponents/advocates of Top, Bottom,
and In-line Posting. While increasing the on-line download time for our
dialup readers. :-)

/\/\ike
Chagoi
http://ourkoipond DOT com

Old 15-11-2004, 02:56 AM
Crashj

On or about Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:12:34 -0500, chagoi
wrote something like:

or ISDN or DSL.

"There NAWWW" (In my thickest Pennsylvania Dutch Accent)
I've hopefully satisfied all the proponents/advocates of Top, Bottom,
and In-line Posting. While increasing the on-line download time for our
dialup readers. :-)

/\/\ike
Chagoi
http://ourkoipond DOT com

Well, actually the trace of the post is completely lost, so I'll just
say that massive amounts of experience with BPL will not overcome
power company greed. The radio spectrum is quit full enough without
the massive amount of noice generated by BPL, or so the radio people
say.
What will be fun to watch is when some one realises that VoIP can be
based on BPL, and "wallah" no more phone companies. Who's going to
switch for you now?
Ten years from now all we will have will be the fourth generation of
cell phones with voice recognition switching. The phone will probably
be build into a nice lapel pin, shaped sort of like the Nike swoop, or
whatever.
Or something.
Obrecpond content: I want mine shaped like a fish:
..
..
))
--
Crashj
Old 03-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

I disagree, and hopefully this post is a good example of why I do.

BV.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

Old 03-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
nk.net...
You are asking me why I don't trim the extraneous junk on my post.... ??
Your supposed to go on to the next post, silly. Not read to the end -
Sheeeez

snip

The importance of snippage is saving the space. This is especially true of
long threads. If no one snips, the size of the posts will grow
expologasuperduper hugely and quickly. Especially when you get a lot of "me
too's" in there.

BV.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
. com...
snip
Well, then, it seems to me that this should have been the topic of the

whole
thread. We should push for snipping, rather than for where people put

their
message.

I concur in full. I am a bottom poster, although I do from time to time
place a quick top posted response. However, I ALWAYS do my best to snip out
irrelevant portions of the message. That is the most important thing, if you
ask me.

BV.

Old 03-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Crashj" wrote in message
snip
The phone will probably be build into a nice lapel pin, shaped sort of

like the Nike swoop, or
whatever. Or something. Obrecpond content: I want mine shaped like a fish:

snip

posted from the future
How old school of you...I had my cell phone implanted next to my RFID chip,
in my earlobe.
/posted from the future