Old 08-11-2004, 04:44 AM
Peter H.M. Brooks

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote

So, your problem is lack of sunlight and water splashed on the leaves. One
is easily cured the other means moving your pond.
And, 3 lilies in a 1metre sq pond? unless they are the smallest varieties
then that's two to many.

It certainly would be! I mentioned their sizes - they are small varieties.

Old 08-11-2004, 06:13 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Peter H.M. Brooks" wrote in message
I've had some water lillies in my fishpond for a couple of years now.
They had flowers on them when bought, but haven't flowered since - even
though they have grown nice and big. What do you do to get them to flower?

## Sounds like they may need more sun and more fertalizer tabs. Use the
cheap rosebush spikes. They keep mine blooming all summer.

The pond started to leak so I've taken everything out to see if I can
re-seal it. It had a liner before, well bits of liner were still left,
and I'm not sure if the bituminous sealer will be the ideal solution.
Any suggestions as to what to look for in a pond liner? It is a pretty
small pond around a metre square and thirty centimetres deep.

## Sorry, Can't help you there.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone."

Old 08-11-2004, 06:15 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Peter H.M. Brooks" wrote in message
Thank you for that point though - I will have the pool quite a bit
deeper after mending the leak and that might do the trick, just.

===================
Also remember they like still water. They don't do well in currents.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone."
~~~~~~{@
Pricelesswa FREE software.
http://www.pricelessware.org
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Crashj

On or about Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:04:53 GMT, "ex WGS Hamm"
wrote something like:

I also have several large fish and a pump and the
ducks occasionally manage to jump in and splash about, and they flower
profusely every year.

Ducks flower? England is a strange place. hehehehe
--
Crashj
Old 29-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Benign Vanilla

"Peter H.M. Brooks" wrote in message
I've had some water lillies in my fishpond for a couple of years now.
They had flowers on them when bought, but haven't flowered since - even
though they have grown nice and big. What do you do to get them to flower?

The pond started to leak so I've taken everything out to see if I can
re-seal it. It had a liner before, well bits of liner were still left,
and I'm not sure if the bituminous sealer will be the ideal solution.
Any suggestions as to what to look for in a pond liner? It is a pretty
small pond around a metre square and thirty centimetres deep.

I have found my lillies do well when planted in some 'lovely filth'. This
year I planted them in stones like my other plants, and they did awfully.
Last year, lotsa flowers, this year nada.

BV.