Old 11-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Nedra

Great Idea, Jan. Turn on the automatic sprinkler!!LOL ... I'd like to
see any kid get over that shock. I'd never invite the little stinkers into
the pond area, though. Too many 'challenged' ones out there ;-)

I have everyone totally off guard. They all think I'm the haunted witch that
lives
on the corner.... Good. lol

Nedra
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:50:13 -0500, "NauticalWheeler"

wrote:

No matter how you protect you pond if you build it they will come. I

have
our pond in our fenced in backyard. The gates are locked. You need a

key
to unlock the gates.

Here's a different approach. Invite the child(ren) over for a visit, let
them feed the fish, and then explain to them the hazards of visiting or
feeding the fish without permission. Let them know that they are always
free to ring your bell, if they want to visit. I've never had a problem
with the kids I've invited over. Ends their curiosity and takes aways the
forbid fruit aspect.

Now I did have some hopping the fence one year, I'm not sure who they were
or where they came from. I'd just see tracks in the soft dirt by the fence
and once a resin fish was knocked in. About this time I learned herons

will
visit in mid-day, so I turned the motion sprinkler on 24/7 and that took
care of both problems. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

Old 29-11-2004, 02:37 AM
bluegill phil

I have mine in a chicken wire over chainlink cage. When I had to
change my home ins (my old ins didnt like the new Texas consumer
protection laws and split) the new adjuster came and measured my lot.
He laughed about my caged pond but nothing was on the policy about it.
Old 29-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Derek Broughton

bluegill phil wrote:

I have mine in a chicken wire over chainlink cage. When I had to

Your "neighbor children"? I may be curmudgeonly, but that seems extreme
even to me.
--
derek