Old 18-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Crashj

On or about Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:51:03 GMT, "Ann in Houston"
wrote something like:

This question bugs me every time I double check my gallon calculations.

How can this factor be correct?

You play the lottery, don't you?
--
Crashj
Old 18-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Ann in Houston

wrote something like:

This question bugs me every time I double check my gallon calculations.

How can this factor be correct?

You play the lottery, don't you?
--
Crashj

Why? Because I'm stubborn? or math challenged? I accept the factor as
correct, but I was wishing I could picture it better. And, no, my very math
competent husband is the designated lottery player in the house. I get too
disappointed and its just too stupid.

Old 23-11-2004, 04:09 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

You play the lottery, don't you? Crashj

Ann replied: I get too disappointed and its just too stupid.

The lottery isn't stupid. What do you buy with that dollar, really? Not
much of a chance to win, but the hope, and we all need hope. The stupid
part is to spend more than a $1 each time, you see, if you're a believer,
if God/nature/the-powers-that-be, want you to win, you only need one
ticket. ;o) Therein, is how I justify my $1/play. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 23-11-2004, 04:44 AM
Benign Vanilla

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
You play the lottery, don't you? Crashj

Ann replied: I get too disappointed and its just too stupid.

The lottery isn't stupid. What do you buy with that dollar, really? Not
much of a chance to win, but the hope, and we all need hope. The stupid
part is to spend more than a $1 each time, you see, if you're a believer,
if God/nature/the-powers-that-be, want you to win, you only need one
ticket. ;o) Therein, is how I justify my $1/play. ~ jan

I used to be very much pro-lottery, until I read this article on the
Fool.com. The stats are astounding,
http://www.fool.com/features/1998/sp980521lottery.htm.

BV.

Old 23-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Cam

Benign Vanilla wrote:

I used to be very much pro-lottery, until I read this article on the
Fool.com. The stats are astounding,
http://www.fool.com/features/1998/sp980521lottery.htm.

BV.

The odds of winning the grand prize of a 6/49 lottery are the same
whether you buy a ticket or not, give or take .0000000001

Cam

Old 23-11-2004, 06:53 AM
KenCo

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

You play the lottery, don't you? Crashj

Ann replied: I get too disappointed and its just too stupid.

The lottery isn't stupid. What do you buy with that dollar, really? Not
much of a chance to win, but the hope, and we all need hope. The stupid
part is to spend more than a $1 each time, you see, if you're a believer,
if God/nature/the-powers-that-be, want you to win, you only need one
ticket. ;o) Therein, is how I justify my $1/play. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Joe; God, I pray every week that you will let
me hit the lottery.

God; Joe, I can do anything! But you have
to buy the damm ticket first!!!!!!

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

$9.95 internet access https://sub.copper.net/promo/5339894.asp

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced
Old 23-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Benign Vanilla

"KenCo" wrote in message
snip

Joe; God, I pray every week that you will let
me hit the lottery.

God; Joe, I can do anything! But you have
to buy the damm ticket first!!!!!!

I tell my wife all of the time, "When we win lottery..." and she always
responds, "Are you going to start playing?"

LOL.

BV.

Old 24-11-2004, 03:28 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:53:05 -0500, KenCo wrote:

Joe; God, I pray every week that you will let
me hit the lottery.

God; Joe, I can do anything! But you have
to buy the damm ticket first!!!!!!

Exactly my point, but better said. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 23-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Stephen Henning

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

The lottery isn't stupid. What do you buy with that dollar, really? Not
much of a chance to win, but the hope, and we all need hope. The stupid
part is to spend more than a $1 each time, you see, if you're a believer,
if God/nature/the-powers-that-be, want you to win, you only need one
ticket. ;o) Therein, is how I justify my $1/play.

Being a believer in the lottery is real stupid. That's like the
minister that became very wealthy telling people that if they followed
him, God would give them Cadillacs. Well, he gave the minister
Cadillacs, but the people were just a little poorer.

If you want to spend a dollar to play a game each week that is your
choice. If you expect to win, that is stupid. I know I win $52 every
year in the lottery because I keep my dollars.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

Old 18-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Andy Hill

wrote something like:

This question bugs me every time I double check my gallon calculations.

How can this factor be correct?

You play the lottery, don't you?

That was uncalled for.
Old 18-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Ann in Houston

wrote something like:

This question bugs me every time I double check my gallon calculations.

How can this factor be correct?

You play the lottery, don't you?

That was uncalled for.

I thought it sounded snide, but I had no reason not to give him the benefit
of the doubt. And anyway, I don't play the lottery, although a lot of people
do, who know better, but figure ten bucks every two months is no worse than
most people's vices.