Old 21-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Dynamic vs. Static in Regards to Search Engines

I often read that under some conditions search engines will not index
dynamic pages. Does that mean ANY asp or ANY asp with a ? request string?

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 21-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Derek Broughton

Benign Vanilla wrote:

I often read that under some conditions search engines will not index
dynamic pages. Does that mean ANY asp or ANY asp with a ? request string?

It means some of both. Some dynamic pages simply can't be indexed.
Google , however, picks up all kinds of dynamic pages. A common problem I
have is that when I google for reasons for various Oracle error messages,
the top hits are always pages Google found that had generated the error,
not discussions of the cause of such.

Plus, some engines (supposedly) respect "no robots" headers.

A quick glance shows me that google has indexed at least one of my asp pages
with a request string. If google picks it up, what else matters? :-)
--
derek
Old 21-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
I often read that under some conditions search engines will not index
dynamic pages. Does that mean ANY asp or ANY asp with a ? request string?

oops...apparently I posted this to the wrong group. Sorry.

BV.