Old 26-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Dirty P Hucker

Default Adaptor static caravan tank to car tank?

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:57:45 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

In message , Austin Shackles
writes
On or around Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:06:37 +0100, "Lee_D"
replacewithleehereandremovehatandcoat@hathistermi nalscoat.freeserve.co.uk
enlightened us thusly:

There was a site a while ago reckomending this as a emergency fuel can
scenario with a smaller portable gas tank.

You have been warned though this will be illegal i the UK.

not if you pay the appropriate duty and VAT. approx 4.5p per litre,
plus vat at 17.5% on the whole, gas plus duty. The orange bottle will
have 5% VAT as domestic fuel in its price, so to calculate the necessary
road duty, you first have to remove that.

And yes you may well blow yourself up as well.

If you use proper fittings, certified for LPG (Propane) at the required
pressure (about 100 psi working), then no, you shouldn't blow yerself
up.

if you try to jury-rig it with garden hose, you probably will.

be aware that any significant amount of liquid gas in contact with your
skin will give you very nasty frostbite. Small amounts from the end of
the
delivery pipe on my bulk tank are great for freezing stinging nettles,
after which they die impressively.

Must be the best suggestion yet for alternative uses for LPG. Think what
mayhem there could be if that was posted on a gardening newsgroup.

Let's try hehehhe! Mayhem please.

1.5 GB of insane video clips! http://www.insanevideoclips.com
100s of photos of my parrots and 1000s of other photos from my digital
camera http://www.petersparrots.com

System error 4C: kernel panic
Old 27-06-2003, 12:08 AM
David Hill

"...Small amounts from the end of the delivery pipe on my bulk tank are
great for freezing stinging nettles, after which they die impressively.
....."

Also good way to get your Barbecue to light, and provide high level of mixed
charcoal at the same time.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries