Old 10-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Wildkarrde

Default Koi Kote USA

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to post saying I went over to www.koi-koteusa.com and purchased
some of their coatings. I have a slate tile pond with a water fall that I
wanted to be waterproof. They set me up with clear and my pond looks very
cool! This koi kote is non toxic and can be applied to just about any
surface other epoxies can be applied to. I spent a ton of time on my pond
and didn't want to just spray anything on it as a sealer. I hunted and
hunted until I came across the UK Koi Kote company. I was sent over to
their US/Canada distributor from there. All in all, they seemed like a
bunch of nice people and didn't try and sell me anything. Instead they
tried to help me and I made my own decision to buy. That was a fresh change
Anyways, I see that I'm rambling now so I'll stop

Old 10-02-2005, 04:21 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

How big is your pond and how much did it cost? What were you covering,
concrete, blocks, ? ? Any pictures? ~ jan

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:21:04 -0800, "Wildkarrde" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to post saying I went over to www.koi-koteusa.com and purchased
some of their coatings. I have a slate tile pond with a water fall that I
wanted to be waterproof. They set me up with clear and my pond looks very
cool! This koi kote is non toxic and can be applied to just about any
surface other epoxies can be applied to. I spent a ton of time on my pond
and didn't want to just spray anything on it as a sealer. I hunted and
hunted until I came across the UK Koi Kote company. I was sent over to
their US/Canada distributor from there. All in all, they seemed like a
bunch of nice people and didn't try and sell me anything. Instead they
tried to help me and I made my own decision to buy. That was a fresh change
Anyways, I see that I'm rambling now so I'll stop

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 11-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Wildkarrde

Well it is a rectangle shaped pond that has a three teired waterfall. The
main pool itself is 4 feet deep by 7 feet long by 4 feet wide and each
waterfall well is slightly smaller.the total square footage was about 212
square feet. I was applying it to slate and was told that the slate would
probably soak some of the material up (which it did) I ended up purchasing
6 kits at about $450. In the end I had very little material left over and
it looked great. I had taken some pictures but they turned out all dark
I suck at that apparently. But the koi kote guys asked for the pictures
anyways as they want to collect images of customers ponds. After I sent
them there I just deleted what I had. The guys at koi kote said they could
work with them and that they'd have some work done to try and make them look
a little more clear. So I'll just have to wait to see what they can do with
the pictures. Oh yeah my pond is made of cement and cinder block but
covered in slate. Each tier in the waterfall has red tile to accent it and
a big 80 pound budha head in the top tier. I still have some plumbing to do
before I fill it up but so far the koi kote coating looks fine. No cracks
or anything