Old 05-03-2005, 04:02 PM
REBEL JOE

Default WILL MISS YA ALL

As I am on webtv we are getting the new box they have out. It will not
let you in the news groups. I am very upset about that but it has more
power and you can do much more with it on the net so I have to go with
it. It also can be hooked to broadband. I will really miss you all (even
you Roy) and thank you all for all the info I got here. This is still
the best group on the net. I will be here till the 17th then we get
hooked up. Keep on ponding

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 05-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Reel McKoi

"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
As I am on webtv we are getting the new box they have out. It will not
let you in the news groups.

** If they don't supply Usenet you can access free news servers or post/read
through Google. Please look into a cheap computer. You can get them for
$500 these days. If used, around $100.

I am very upset about that but it has more
power and you can do much more with it on the net so I have to go with
it. It also can be hooked to broadband. I will really miss you all (even
you Roy) and thank you all for all the info I got here. This is still
the best group on the net. I will be here till the 17th then we get
hooked up. Keep on ponding

** You can do even more with a computer than you can WebTV.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"WORK HARDER, millions in Welfare depend on you."

Old 05-03-2005, 04:28 PM
kathy

Can you get to Google on this new
setup?
AOL dropped newsgroups and I'm now here
via Google Groups. There are lots of ways to
see the posts. I do it by subject line only and
I click the star of the ones I'm interested in
(also helps avoid the troll posts as I'm pretty
sure you can't filter).
It has other nice features and I think now I
actually prefer it to AOL's setup.
Hope you can use Google!

kathy

Old 05-03-2005, 05:36 PM
San Diego Joe

"REBEL JOE" wrote:

As I am on webtv we are getting the new box they have out. It will not
let you in the news groups. I am very upset about that but it has more
power and you can do much more with it on the net so I have to go with
it. It also can be hooked to broadband. I will really miss you all (even
you Roy) and thank you all for all the info I got here. This is still
the best group on the net. I will be here till the 17th then we get
hooked up. Keep on ponding

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

I use a "free" news service (http://www.teranews.com/). They charge
something like $3 to sign up, but after that there is no charge. I subscribe
to a few groups and haven't hit the download limit yet.

Not to suggest I know anything about your situation, but you can buy some
pretty cheap new/used computers now a days.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and
bring something to kill"

Old 05-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Reel McKoi

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you get to Google on this new
setup?
AOL dropped newsgroups and I'm now here
via Google Groups. There are lots of ways to
see the posts. I do it by subject line only and
I click the star of the ones I'm interested in
(also helps avoid the troll posts as I'm pretty
sure you can't filter).
It has other nice features and I think now I
actually prefer it to AOL's setup.
Hope you can use Google!

========================
Go to alt.free.newsservers and get a FREE news account. No need to use
Google.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
I have a firm grip on reality.

Old 05-03-2005, 06:57 PM
San Diego Joe

"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you get to Google on this new
setup?
AOL dropped newsgroups and I'm now here
via Google Groups. There are lots of ways to
see the posts. I do it by subject line only and
I click the star of the ones I'm interested in
(also helps avoid the troll posts as I'm pretty
sure you can't filter).
It has other nice features and I think now I
actually prefer it to AOL's setup.
Hope you can use Google!

========================
Go to alt.free.newsservers and get a FREE news account. No need to use
Google.

Just make sure they will let you post. Most of the completely free servers
are read only.

Old 05-03-2005, 09:07 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:57:20 -0800, San Diego Joe wrote:

Just make sure they will let you post. Most of the completely free servers
are read only.

www.teranews.com lets one do both, I use it when my ISP sometimes has
problems. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 05-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Reel McKoi

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
news:1110049053.ed1e9f125cc2e26f300966933de5509b@t eranews...
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you get to Google on this new
setup?
AOL dropped newsgroups and I'm now here
via Google Groups. There are lots of ways to
see the posts. I do it by subject line only and
I click the star of the ones I'm interested in
(also helps avoid the troll posts as I'm pretty
sure you can't filter).
It has other nice features and I think now I
actually prefer it to AOL's setup.
Hope you can use Google!

========================
Go to alt.free.newsservers and get a FREE news account. No need to use
Google.

Just make sure they will let you post. Most of the completely free servers
are read only.

========================
About 5 of them allow posting as well as reading. The one I'm using now
allows posting.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 05-03-2005, 09:47 PM
San Diego Joe

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote:

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:57:20 -0800, San Diego Joe wrote:

Just make sure they will let you post. Most of the completely free servers
are read only.

www.teranews.com lets one do both, I use it when my ISP sometimes has
problems. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Yes, me too, but there is a small setup fee after which it is free.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:38 AM
john sumner

Reel McKoi wrote in message

========================
Go to alt.free.newsservers and get a FREE news account. No need to use
Google.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
I have a firm grip on reality.
Now I can strangle it.
"WORK HARDER, millions in Welfare depend on you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plus google does not let you plonk some boses who so richly deserve it

Old 06-03-2005, 02:11 PM
REBEL JOE

WOW thats great I thought I'd be out of it. Yes the new box can get all
the other places. So I guess I'm back lol

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

WILL MISS YA ALL REBEL JOE Ponds 0 05-03-2005 04:02 PM
mad from Texas sez MISS Y'ALL Nedra Ponds 13 15-03-2004 02:49 AM
mad from Texas sez MISS Y'ALL Nedra Ponds 0 07-03-2004 02:30 AM
mad from Texas sez MISS Y'ALL Nedra Ponds 0 07-03-2004 02:30 AM
mad from Texas sez MISS Y'ALL Nedra Ponds 0 07-03-2004 02:17 AM