Old 08-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Mr. Mader

Default Koi Fish.....

Will Koi fish survive living in a Pond in upper Wisconsin in the
Winter????

Old 08-03-2005, 12:50 AM
kathy

Yes, koi will survive in a pond over the winter.
What is important is that the pond be deep enough
to not to freeze solid over the winter.
Someone will hopefully post and let you know what
works in upper Wisconsin.
In the winter it is important to keep a hole open in the ice
for exchange of gases.
I use a protected air pump, line and air stone. Zone 7
here in SE WA, I'm sure you're much lower on the scale.

kathy

Old 08-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Mr. Mader

Cool........

Old 08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Derek Broughton

Mr. Mader wrote:

Cool........

But not _too_ cool :-)
--
derek
Old 08-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Mr. Mader" wrote in message
Will Koi fish survive living in a Pond in upper Wisconsin in the
Winter????

With the proper depth, and a hole in the ice, they'll do fine. I think if I
were in Wisconsin, I'd probably go close to 4.5-5 feet in depth to be safe.
And remember that does not have to be the entire pond, just enough room for
them to hang out over the winter.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com