Old 12-03-2005, 03:03 PM
jedi

Default Another snow storm hits Long Island

Ok, I love snow. It is beautiful, the dog has fun in it, the cat who
insists on going outside amuses us as he tries to waddle through it.... BUT
ENOUGH ALREADY!

Sorry, had to say that. We are less than two weeks from Spring and we woke
up to another 6 inches of snow this morning. At least this time we got the
paper delivered. I guess the newspaper guy decided he better not fail to
deliver again after having missed delivery on more than one occasion of a
simple inch or two of powder.

I haven't seen the inside of my pond for months now. I'm afraid of what I
will find once it thaws. This is about the time of year that I get serious
cabin fever and wonder what in the world it was that I saw in my husband
that would have made me follow him from California to the Northeast.....

Old 12-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Reel McKoi

"jedi" wrote in message
[...]

==================
I hope there's an opening in the ice for gas exchange. I came from NY so
know all about snow, cold and cabin fever. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"To persevere in one's duty and

Old 12-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Glenn S.

jedi wrote:
Ok, I love snow. It is beautiful, the dog has fun in it, the cat who
insists on going outside amuses us as he tries to waddle through it.... BUT
ENOUGH ALREADY!

Sorry, had to say that. We are less than two weeks from Spring and we woke
up to another 6 inches of snow this morning. At least this time we got the
paper delivered. I guess the newspaper guy decided he better not fail to
deliver again after having missed delivery on more than one occasion of a
simple inch or two of powder.

I haven't seen the inside of my pond for months now. I'm afraid of what I
will find once it thaws. This is about the time of year that I get serious
cabin fever and wonder what in the world it was that I saw in my husband
that would have made me follow him from California to the Northeast.....

This is probably the same storm that was predicted to hit the Wash.,DC
area yesterday a.m. into evening. The weather prognosticators were
calling for snow in the a.m. to early afternoon, then changing to rain
for the remainder of the evening. End result was supposed to be a wet,
slushy MESS into today.

Actual result - we got a couple of raindrops on our way to the Boat Show
in Chantilly, VA.

The weatherpeople have sure gotten blitzed this February. I think
everything they've called has been drastically wrong!

--
G.D.Smith
Harpers Ferry, WV

FOR SALE: 2003 Swee****er 22' Pontoon Boat
http://icanhelp56.homestead.com/gs_pontoon01.html

FOR SALE: 1999 Fleetwood Mallard 37' Travel Trailer
http://icanhelp56.homestead.com/Mallard001.html
Old 12-03-2005, 04:51 PM
kathy

ak! Snow in March is just no fair.

Out here in the PNW it is another sunny day.
Our temps though are dropping from their record
highs into the 60s then the 50s according to
our weather people. More normal. No rain and we
SO need rain.

kathy

Old 13-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Derek Broughton

jedi wrote:

Ok, I love snow. It is beautiful, the dog has fun in it, the cat who
insists on going outside amuses us as he tries to waddle through it....
BUT ENOUGH ALREADY!

I'm with you all the way...

Sorry, had to say that. We are less than two weeks from Spring and we
woke
up to another 6 inches of snow this morning.

Same here in Nova Scotia
--
derek

Old 15-03-2005, 03:13 AM
jedi

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
jedi wrote:

Ok, I love snow. It is beautiful, the dog has fun in it, the cat who
insists on going outside amuses us as he tries to waddle through it....
BUT ENOUGH ALREADY!

I'm with you all the way...

Sorry, had to say that. We are less than two weeks from Spring and we
woke
up to another 6 inches of snow this morning.

Same here in Nova Scotia
--
derek

Last year my brother in Maine claimed that they had a milder winter than we
did... He may have been yanking my chain. Well at least it is Spring in one
week - with or without snow.

Old 15-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Lilly

I'm beginning to doubt if Spring will be just a date on the calendar.
After this weekend's foot of heavy wet March snow, heavy and wet enough
the snowblower was choking, it seems like a pipe dream. Then the
weather guy says more on the way for this weekend? Argh! Make it stop!!

in the northern fringes of Zone 5...

Lilly

Old 15-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Derek Broughton

Lilly wrote:

I'm beginning to doubt if Spring will be just a date on the calendar.
After this weekend's foot of heavy wet March snow, heavy and wet enough
the snowblower was choking, it seems like a pipe dream. Then the
weather guy says more on the way for this weekend? Argh! Make it stop!!

in the northern fringes of Zone 5...

Last year my brother in Maine claimed that they had a milder winter

than we
did... He may have been yanking my chain. Well at least it is Spring

in one
week - with or without snow.

Spring arrived in Nova Scotia last year, on or about, August 15th. Fall
began on September 1.
--
derek