Old 12-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Lemmy David

Default smooth, wide waterfall

I need to make a "waterfall" or "roman" spout for a formal pond.
Height of waterfall: about 1.5m.

I'd like a smooth stream about 20cm wide, with very little splashing.

Any ideas how to construct this? Pump size, pipe size, shape of spout etc?

Lemmy

Old 13-03-2005, 02:04 AM
PC Component, inc.

Waterway makes waterfall blades. They might just have the size your
looking for. With a little fanagaling you can hide it for the most
part.

As far as reduing the splash, it all depends on how far above the water
you put it and how much water you give it.

http://db.waterwayplastics.com/catalogpdf/page26.pdf

http://www.PondFactory.com

Old 14-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Dude

I made my own waterfall by using 2" PVC... The inlet was a U shaped
piece with a threaded hole that I screwed in a barbed connector then
on each end of the U I connected the 2"PVC pipe. I think its about 2'
long with another 2" U shaped connector at the other end. Then I used a
dremel or rotozip to cut a slit on one of the 2' lengths of the 2" PVC.
Hooked up my Pump and Hose and Viaola a nice sheet of water is a
flowing. I use a large 1250 GPH pump that I split off to my filter and
UV sterilizer. So not all flow is going to just the water fall but it
use to and was still a nice flow.

Good Luck,
Chris.

PS. If you want Pics I could post some what it looks like with water
flowing and without.

Old 14-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Hal

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:12:12 +0200, "Lemmy David"
wrote:

I need to make a "waterfall" or "roman" spout for a formal pond.
Height of waterfall: about 1.5m.

I'd like a smooth stream about 20cm wide, with very little splashing.

Any ideas how to construct this? Pump size, pipe size, shape of spout etc?

I've never seen a waterfall like you describe and I think your 20cm
wide stream is a bit ambitious if you want to drop it 1.5 meters
without it breaking apart. A round shape for the spout might get
you close, but any radius on the inside of the lip will cause spray.
(Cut a clean edge for best results.) The water will tend to follow a
radius instead of shooting off a clean edge.

I wish you well with your project and hope you get it right the first
time. I built my falls 4 times before accepting it as done.

Regards,

Hal