Old 14-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Bill Stock

Default Doh!

A few months back I posted about some strange plant babies in my "soon to
be" community tank. This tank was populated with pond remnants, Water
Hyacinths and Hornwort, when I cleaned out the pond. Then about four months
after I started the plant tank, the water babies appeared.

Turns out they're Frogbit, which I fed to the GF during the summer. I don't
know why it took months to come back, but now I'm inundated.

Old 14-03-2005, 04:18 AM
Reel McKoi

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
A few months back I posted about some strange plant babies in my "soon to
be" community tank. This tank was populated with pond remnants, Water
Hyacinths and Hornwort, when I cleaned out the pond. Then about four

months
after I started the plant tank, the water babies appeared.

Turns out they're Frogbit, which I fed to the GF during the summer. I

don't
know why it took months to come back, but now I'm inundated.

=======================
Frogbit? I wonder if we're thinking of the same plant - mine were about 4"
across, floated and had white flowers. I had it one summer but it died out
over the winter. They place I bought it gave me the wrong information. I
would have brought it in had I known it wouldn't survive a zone 6 winter.
It was a nice floating plant.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"To persevere in one's duty and

Old 14-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
snip
Frogbit? I wonder if we're thinking of the same plant - mine were about

4"
across, floated and had white flowers. I had it one summer but it died

out
over the winter. They place I bought it gave me the wrong information. I
would have brought it in had I known it wouldn't survive a zone 6 winter.
It was a nice floating plant.

snip

The frogbit that Jim and Phyllis gave me last year, took over. It was a
voracious grower, but easy to remove.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 14-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Reel McKoi

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
snip
Frogbit? I wonder if we're thinking of the same plant - mine were about

4"
across, floated and had white flowers. I had it one summer but it died

out
over the winter. They place I bought it gave me the wrong information.

would have brought it in had I known it wouldn't survive a zone 6

winter.
It was a nice floating plant.

snip

The frogbit that Jim and Phyllis gave me last year, took over. It was a
voracious grower, but easy to remove.

There seems to be several water plants known as "frogbit." Mine wasn't that
evasive and the small white flowers were so pretty. If I see it locally
again I'll buy some and keep in indoors over the winter as I do my water
lettuce. I'm finding water hyacinth almost impossible to keep alive over
the winter.

FINALLY... doh! Pond Newbie Ponds 4 23-04-2004 01:03 AM
doh! red water from Duplarit cindy Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:17 AM