Old 27-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Alex Woodward

Default water lilly question

I have a Lilly from last season. It is 2.5 foot under water, and still has
one leaf left from previous growth. I pruned the rest away after they
deteriorated last late autumn Is it a wise move to remove this last pad,
which hovers around 1 foot below the surface, in order to encourage the new
seasons growth?

Alex

Old 27-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Reel McKoi

"Alex Woodward" wrote in message
I have a Lilly from last season. It is 2.5 foot under water, and still has
one leaf left from previous growth. I pruned the rest away after they
deteriorated last late autumn Is it a wise move to remove this last pad,
which hovers around 1 foot below the surface, in order to encourage the

new
seasons growth?

Alex

====================
Leave it unless it's rotting.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 29-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel McKoi wrote:

"Alex Woodward" wrote in message
I have a Lilly from last season. It is 2.5 foot under water, and still
has one leaf left from previous growth. I pruned the rest away after they
deteriorated last late autumn Is it a wise move to remove this last pad,
which hovers around 1 foot below the surface, in order to encourage the
new seasons growth?

Leave it unless it's rotting.

Definitely - it's an indicator leaf, and the plant needs that to know when
to send up it's main growth.
--
derek

Water lilly plant jammer Ponds 7 10-04-2003 05:56 AM
Free water lilly cuttings in Austin, Texas Victor M. Martinez Ponds 0 07-04-2003 03:32 PM
Free water lilly cuttings Victor M. Martinez Texas 1 07-04-2003 02:56 AM