Old 02-04-2005, 01:08 AM
dkat

Default frog spawn

From: "Nicks40"
Subject: Frogspawn
Date: Friday, April 01, 2005 1:01 PM

My partner and I were just commenting on the fact that the pond in our
garden had no frogspawn in it yet, when, rounding a grassy path
between some of our trees, we found a sqaure yard or so of grass
covered in frogspawn.

What gives? We doubt it will mature in its present position, and we
put some of it in the pond.

Nick

Old 02-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Reel McKoi

From: "Nicks40"
Date: Friday, April 01, 2005 1:01 PM

My partner and I were just commenting on the fact that the pond in our
garden had no frogspawn in it yet, when, rounding a grassy path
between some of our trees, we found a sqaure yard or so of grass
covered in frogspawn.

What gives? We doubt it will mature in its present position, and we
put some of it in the pond.

----------------------------
In all the years I've had ponds and outside kiddy pools, I never saw spawn
on the grass. They always spawn on the Canadian water weed, the iris roots
and the hornwart plants. Are there plants in you pond for them to spawn on?
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 02-04-2005, 02:02 AM
kathy

There are some frogs who won't breed in ponds
with fish as they fear getting eaten... they like
vernal, temporary pools. There may have been
a scant bit of water on the lawn, from a rainstorm
or the sprinklers, that they decided qualified as
a temporary pool.

kathy :-)

Frog Spawn Stephen G United Kingdom 2 15-04-2003 02:20 PM
We have frog spawn Kay Easton United Kingdom 18 23-03-2003 07:44 PM
My frog spawn sank Serenity United Kingdom 3 18-03-2003 06:09 PM
Frog spawn Instep Walking Holidays United Kingdom 0 18-03-2003 05:08 PM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM