Old 05-04-2005, 04:31 PM
SkyCatcher

Default sesaler for concrete

Hi,

A friend has built a pond lined with concrete/render to which he added a
waterproofing sealer additive. He wants to add a "top" coat sealer to ensure
it holds its water and asked my advice!!!

He is not going to keep fish - just wants it for plants and whatever
wildlife decides to move in. I onlu know of G4 in the UK for sealing ponds
with fish but that is very expensive. Can anyone suggest a sealer to use?

Ta,

Sky

Old 05-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Reel McKoi

"SkyCatcher" wrote in message
Hi,

A friend has built a pond lined with concrete/render to which he added a
waterproofing sealer additive. He wants to add a "top" coat sealer to

ensure
it holds its water and asked my advice!!!

He is not going to keep fish - just wants it for plants and whatever
wildlife decides to move in. I onlu know of G4 in the UK for sealing ponds
with fish but that is very expensive. Can anyone suggest a sealer to use?

===============
I can't suggest anything as far as a sealer goes, but if he has no fish in
this pond it will quickly become a mosquito breeding ground.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 06-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Bitumin is the perfect sealer.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

Old 06-04-2005, 12:46 PM
~Roy~

Look for some Bitumastic. Its a bituminous coating, and is available
in different colors. Its approved for potable water containers, and
when dry, it should not give you any problems. Much better than most
sealers as its cheap and does the job, and lasts for years and years.

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:20:59 +0200, "Happy'Cam'per" wrote:

===
===Bitumin is the perfect sealer.

Concrete Ponds? Brian Albrecht Ponds 4 15-04-2003 02:57 PM
Disguising an old aviary concrete pad Gen Australia 4 29-03-2003 01:56 PM
Concrete Block Dan Ponds 5 07-03-2003 03:12 PM
Casting 'concrete' pots etc... Faye Lifford-Earle Gardening 1 31-01-2003 03:40 AM
Removing algae from concrete path and slabs? Tumbleweed United Kingdom 15 18-11-2002 10:25 PM