Old 14-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Brian Albrecht

Default Concrete Ponds?

We've had a pond for a few years - flexible liner and lots of small river
rocks. I find it to be a pain cleaning all the rocks (remove, clean, etc).

We are thinking that it might be easier to put concrete over the liner with
river rocks embedded in it. This would make cleaning every year much easier
than dealing with several hundred pounds of loose rocks.

Any issues with doing this?

Thanks

Old 14-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Bill

"Brian Albrecht" wrote in message
We've had a pond for a few years - flexible liner and lots of small river
rocks. I find it to be a pain cleaning all the rocks (remove, clean, etc).

We are thinking that it might be easier to put concrete over the liner

with
river rocks embedded in it. This would make cleaning every year much

easier
than dealing with several hundred pounds of loose rocks.

Any issues with doing this?

Alkaline. I think there are ways to seal it or to leech it but it starts
off very strong. I started two ponds with cement and it took months for the
levels to straighten out. Pool cement (hydraulic?) is probably better but
very expensive.

---

Old 15-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Why do you need the concrete over the liner?

I have 3 ponds currently, but only one of them has concrete, let me tell
you, it's a pain in the ass to keep that pond clean of string algae! But on
the other hand it has the least amount of green water, partially because of
the string algae and the huge veggie filter.

My 2 cents (actually only worth 1 cent today 50% discount)

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 15-04-2003, 04:32 AM
mad

my suggestion is to remove the rocks. you don't have to do this fast, just
every week remove some of them. all they do is trap crap, as you have found
out. it's true that when the pond is brand new and the water is gin clear
that the nice, clean rocks look good. but then the facts of ponding happen.
that means that algae grows on the rocks, turning them dark. when the rocks
come out, the bottom of the pond will be dark, so it's all the same thing,
isn't it?
mad

-- ¸
.. (((º ¸
.. ´¯`·..¸..·´¯`·. (((º ¸ ¸
.. (((º `·.¸..·´¯`·..(((º (((º

Old 15-04-2003, 02:57 PM
REBEL JOE

I don't use rocks in pond they collect a mess and as you say are hard to
clean.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Concrete Ponds Spiny Norman Australia 2 13-01-2007 10:04 PM
Concrete vs. Lined Ponds David Jeppesen Ponds 14 26-01-2005 11:34 PM
Concrete vs. Liner for koi ponds Michael Capone Ponds 22 01-09-2004 05:36 PM
My Brother's Ponds. Link to on line photo album of his ponds. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 14 03-07-2004 03:04 AM