Old 16-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Snooze

"Bonnie NJ" wrote in message
ink.net...
The POP. of my town is around 800, but we're close to another larger town.

There is a rural town out here that has population of about 200 or so. Every
time I pass it i think to myself, "wow, i had classes in college with more
people". Heck the dorms i lived in had 500 students. Doing just about
anything would be such a chore. Even a trip to the nearest supermarket store
is probably an hour or two away.

The downtown is 1 stop sign, and it's just a postoffice and a general store
plus some boarded up building.

-S

Old 17-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Gareee©

Yay! Got the watercress... $2 a bunch, so I got 4 bunches.

I tried some, thinking it might actually be a water extension of our
garden....

YUCK!

Watercress tastes like @$$!

Do you guys cook with it, use it as a spice, or what?

I still can't get the taste out of my mouth!

(BTW, my wife said it tasted like old dried up @$$...

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 17-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Reel McKoi

"Gareee©" wrote in message
(BTW, my wife said it tasted like old dried up @$$...

===================
Maybe someone used it for toilet paper before it was sold... :-(
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 17-04-2005, 06:59 AM
Sean Dinh

don't you wipe?

Old 17-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Mike Patterson

Email me your address and I can ship you some, though I don't know how
it would respond to spending a couple of days in a shipping
envelope...

Mike

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:47:44 -0400, "Gareee©"
wrote:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
.. .

Don't know what part of the world you inhabit, but here in the Atlanta
Ga, USA area the Publix supermarkets carry it in the produce section
in plain plastic bags.

Waynesville NC.. and none of my local stores at all had it.. I tried 5, plus
a few health food stores as well.. but I'm in a VERY small town...POP 9,233
or so.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Old 17-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Gareee©

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
Email me your address and I can ship you some, though I don't know how
it would respond to spending a couple of days in a shipping
envelope...

UI was lucky enough to get some WH from another group member last year.. add
water to it, and put it in a zip lock bag.. that worked very well with the
WH...

Old 18-04-2005, 02:59 AM
Mike Patterson

Sure, just email your address, put "watercress" in the subject line,
I'll send you a big ziplock baggie full.

In my experience it doesn't take much. It's already taking over my
waterfall, the blooms are nice to see against the greeeeeen water.

Would you like some duckweed with that order? :-)

Mike

wrote:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message

Don't know what part of the world you inhabit, but here in the Atlanta
Ga, USA area the Publix supermarkets carry it in the produce section
in plain plastic bags.

Waynesville NC.. and none of my local stores at all had it.. I tried 5,
plus
a few health food stores as well.. but I'm in a VERY small town...POP
9,233
or so.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." -
Lily Tomlin

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Watercress Wally World Clanger United Kingdom 0 20-10-2003 06:02 PM
Watercress Wally World Clanger United Kingdom 1 20-10-2003 11:02 AM
watercress K30a Ponds 2 25-07-2003 11:32 PM
bidet /Watercress David Hill United Kingdom 0 12-06-2003 07:20 AM
Watercress root rotting, freshwater fish tank. DogCow Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:17 AM