Old 20-04-2005, 12:08 AM
CanadianCowboy

Default Watercress update

Holy Cow this stuff is already growing roots and getting colour. I only
threw three bunches in on Saturday. I stuffed some stems into the rocks
in the waterfall and they are growing already and the waterfall has
never looked better. If you want a cheap plant for your pond then this
is a start. $2.00 CDN for 3 bunches.

Thanks all for the advice !!!
Old 20-04-2005, 02:10 AM

where did you get it for that price?

Old 20-04-2005, 02:11 AM

also, where about in canada are you? i'm in east ottawa.

Old 20-04-2005, 02:19 AM
C+J Tondreau

wrote in message
oups.com...
where did you get it for that price?

I'm in Hamilton, ON and when I buy watercress I get it at my local grocery
store - it's usually in bunches in the fresh herbs section. It's much
cheaper to it from a grocery store than a garden centre.

Jacqui

Old 20-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Gareee©

wrote in message
oups.com...
where did you get it for that price?

He got a great deal.. I got mine for $2 a bunch American, and that would be,
what, $2.50-$3 Canadian?

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 20-04-2005, 02:45 AM

cool. i'll look for some in the grocery store. do you have fish in your
water yet and what are your temps like?

Old 20-04-2005, 01:32 PM
CanadianCowboy

Asian Supermarket special

Old 20-04-2005, 01:35 PM
CanadianCowboy

I live in the Greater Toronto Area and yes I have fish and the temps are
about the same as in Ottawa and probably a little warmer.

Old 20-04-2005, 02:08 PM
C+J Tondreau

wrote in message
oups.com...
cool. i'll look for some in the grocery store. do you have fish in your
water yet and what are your temps like?

This year my pond is in transition. It's actually waiting to be filled in
and a new one put in as we relandscape our yard. So, no fish for me this
year... so far, anyway. I'm sure I'll be adding some a bit later. I always
rescue a feeder goldfish or two to stock my pond. Do you have any fish in
your pond? Do they overwinter?

Jacqui

Old 21-04-2005, 03:29 AM

i hadn't done enough research last fall to know how to overwinter them
so i just put them in a large aquarium. they all survived. i'm going to
wait until the water stays at a consistent temperature, around 15
before i drop them in.

they are feeders. last year when i got my first batch of feeders they
all died because the water was too cold. the same thing happened with
the second batch. the third batch went in mid may and they all survived
until now.

Old 22-04-2005, 01:21 AM

http://tinyurl.com/9trdz

Old 22-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Birthday suit Larry

From: Fred Hall

On 21 Apr 2005 17:21:56 -0700,
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/9trdz

Leaky kill file, Fred? ;B

=======================
From: Fred Hall

I encouraged Carol to kill file Jabriol.
=======================

This is where Fred (Ready to Bawl) Hall preaches "kill file" and denies
it and has replied 100's and 100's of times to his "leaky kill
file"...while moaning about someone's "leaky kill file" - foaming at
someone for being a troll while admitting to being a troll, but also
hypocritically wept: "Either you're a troll, in which case I won't
bother with you anymore"

poke

"You brought me here. Damn! I'd better haul my ass on out of here.
I'm scared now. it's hands (posts off for me). kill file."
~Fred (Ready to Bawl) Hall, admitting to being a controlled,
blistered and owned pawn - a scared pawn...too spanked to do as s/h/it
wishes

Watercress Wally World Clanger United Kingdom 0 20-10-2003 06:02 PM
Watercress Wally World Clanger United Kingdom 1 20-10-2003 11:02 AM
watercress K30a Ponds 2 25-07-2003 11:32 PM
bidet /Watercress David Hill United Kingdom 0 12-06-2003 07:20 AM
Watercress root rotting, freshwater fish tank. DogCow Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:17 AM