Old 13-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Reel McKoi

"Jeff Brown" wrote in message
Thank all of you for your more than informing comments and suggestions.

We
have decided to get one and hope this will do the trick. The heron still
checks on the pond to see if the net is gone. I saw him one day standing

in
our upper pond/filter trying to figure out how he could get to the fish in
the lower pond. All the neighbors are on the outlook and a friend has
offered us his gun. If the sprinkler doesn't work, we'll be contacting

our
friend :-). Thanks again.

=============================
Jeff, it is illegal to shoot them. You can get a huge fine and possibly a
few months in jail. It's not worth it. The last time I checked the only
birds you can legally kill are English sparrows and starlings.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

Old 13-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Greg Cooper

kathy wrote:
Okay, that's a smiley, not a winky... this is the problem with
the internet. I'm not sure if you are joking or not. So I have to say
it - you can't shoot herons! BIG fines, big jail time! You can call
them bad names, impinge upon their honor, look at them askance, cast
aspersions, cast spells,
make voodoo dolls and skewer them but you can't shoot them...

^^^^^^^^^^^^
And you cant skewer the Herons either.
Old 14-05-2005, 01:42 AM
ClaudCar

I have put my scarecrow on the sprinkler line, before the valve - so it is
on PVC.

Turning it OFF when enjoying the pond is advisable - unless you want to
entertain your guests/neighbors with your avoid the sprinkler dance - no
there is NO live video of it! sheesh Cat has learned to creep low till he
is sure it is off. hmmmm smarter than me.
--
Claudia
__________________________________

Old 14-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Derek Broughton

ClaudCar wrote:

I have put my scarecrow on the sprinkler line, before the valve - so it is
on PVC.

Turning it OFF when enjoying the pond is advisable - unless you want to
entertain your guests/neighbors with your avoid the sprinkler dance - no
there is NO live video of it! sheesh Cat has learned to creep low till
he
is sure it is off. hmmmm smarter than me.

Why am I not surprised about that. Cats have always _believed_ they're
smarter than us, anyway :-)
--
derek
Old 15-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Reel Mckoi

Derek Broughton wrote:

Why am I not surprised about that. Cats have always _believed_ they're
smarter than us, anyway :-)

Well at least they are smarter than you. Now this group is about ponds,
not cats, let stick to the program.

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 15-05-2005, 02:54 AM
Reel McKoi

Jabriol's ISP

OrgName: Qwest Communications
OrgID: QWDL
Address: 950 17th Street
Address: Suite 1900
City: Denver
StateProv: CO
PostalCode: 80202
Country: US

NetRange: 63.152.0.0 - 63.159.255.255
CIDR: 63.152.0.0/13
NetName: QWEST-2BLKS
NetHandle: NET-63-152-0-0-1
Parent: NET-63-0-0-0-0

OrgAbuseHandle: QIA2-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Qwest Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: +1-877-886-6515
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgNOCHandle: QIN-ARIN
OrgNOCName: Qwest IP NOC
OrgNOCPhone: +1-877-886-6515
OrgNOCEmail:

OrgTechHandle: QIA-ARIN
OrgTechName: Qwest IP Admin
OrgTechPhone: +1-877-886-6515
OrgTechEmail:

Old 15-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel Mckoi wrote:

Derek Broughton wrote:

Why am I not surprised about that. Cats have always _believed_ they're
smarter than us, anyway :-)

Well at least they are smarter than you. Now this group is about ponds,
not cats, let stick to the program.

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

Yeah - that's one... I know who you are.
--
derek

help - Scarecrow Sprinkler ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 0 07-08-2003 08:12 AM
scarecrow michael.murphy7 Ponds 1 06-07-2003 06:44 PM
Scarecrow issues Sue Alexandre Ponds 12 02-07-2003 08:20 AM
Scarecrow Sue Alexandre Ponds 5 30-06-2003 04:32 AM
Scarecrow DIY improvement joe Ponds 0 28-06-2003 10:32 PM