Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Bill Stock

Default Filter container suggestions

The parts are slowly arriving for my DIY "Skippy" filter, but I'm still not
happy with the Flowerpot (10 gallons?) as a container. Sorry to belabour
this issue, but I could use some ideas. The flowerpot just looks too flimsy,
a little time in the sun and I fear it will suffer a serious crack.
(Although I did order a pump float switch just in case.) The other issue is
that the conical shape of the FP will not lend itself to tight bulkhead
fittings. I don't have enough space behind the waterfall to sit a filter,
so whatever I use it will have to be piped back to the waterfall.

Perhaps I'll have to scrap the waterfall and sit a whiskey barrel in it's
place. although this is not my first choice. Your design advice would be
appreciated.

TIA

PS. The old commercial filter was put in Sunday and plugged solid by
yesterday!