Old 15-05-2005, 05:10 PM
~Roy~

On Sun, 15 May 2005 11:52:45 -0400, Reel McKoi
wrote:

===George wrote:
===
===
=== Like the Russians say, tough shitsky.
===
===
===
===#You go George!
===================================

CR....
All the JWs wish for is walking around the COUNTRYSIDE (never any
towns
pictured in the WT rags) smiling like the village idiot and carrying
baskets of veggies and fruit with them. Also note they all live in
suit
pants and dress shirts. The women live in housedresses of 1952
vintage.....
and they call that paradise? Any normal human being would rapidly be
bored
to death looking at trees, grass, each other's ever smiling faces and
eating
a vegetarian diet.
They'd soon be longing for a good book, a movie, a Mall or a steak
dinner..... (Carol)

AT least they have a life of their own choosing, unlike Reel McKoi
who just has to exist anyway she can in that hillbilly shack and
picking out of dumpsters the next meal, just so she can afford an ISP
so she can have entertainment while living in those backwoods of
Smokey Holler!

Old 15-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Reel McKoi

Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:52:45 -0400
From: Reel McKoi
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Subject: PONDS: OT: Fish in Hiding (ANOTHER FORGED HEADER)

================================

Old 17-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Quercus Robur

Thanks Jan for the sensible advice. I don't have any chem kits, but will go
buy. (My minor is in chemistry so I understand.) Temp is about 65oF and
they are out today. First time in two weeks so the problem may be past.
Martin

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
news
I have a very small pond, about 120gal and small water fall. We live in
N.
Illinois. 4 Koi, 3 Schubunkins in pond. They always swim aound, even in
winter, and beg for food. I use a floating water heater and all have now
survived three winters OK. The heater is now out of the pond. Ten days
ago
we had a cold snap, down to 25oF. The pond did not freeze, but the fish
went into hiding and have not come out from under a stone shelf. This is
abnormal behaviour. I changed 60% of the water adding chlorine and
chloramine remover. Still no movement. Is this normal? What should I
do?

Thanks,
Martin

Whenever there is a fish or pond problem the first thing you do is CHECK
YOUR WATER QUALITY, do not do a water change, especially one so big, until
you've checked the parameters, you may just make a bad situation worst.

This is what you need to check: Ammonia, Nitrite, pH, KH, and tell us the
temp. report the numbers and most likely we can tell you more. If your
test
kits are over a year old their accuracy is suspect, if you're using
strips,
their accuracy is suspect. If the test doesn't give you a number, the
accuracy is suspect.

Nothing drives me more nuts than to be called out to a pond because there
is "something wrong with my fish" and find out that the ponder has done
some major change, either medicated or water changes, before I get there.
Some days I feel like people are saying, "Let's see just how good that KHA
program was?" s ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~