Old 15-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Our Family

Default Silt Problems

I am having a hard time this year, my water will not clear up. My pond is
over three years old and has not had a problem with this before. I have a
very fine silt that gets stirred up with my pump running. If I turn it off
it will settle but it is so fine that as soon as I try to vac the botton it
will stir up and that does no good. Any good product that may help with
this?

--
Thanks,
Ted and Lisa Dziedzic

Old 15-05-2005, 05:37 PM
~Roy~

On Sun, 15 May 2005 16:26:01 GMT, "Our Family"
wrote:

===I am having a hard time this year, my water will not clear up. My pond is
===over three years old and has not had a problem with this before. I have a
===very fine silt that gets stirred up with my pump running. If I turn it off
===it will settle but it is so fine that as soon as I try to vac the botton it
===will stir up and that does no good. Any good product that may help with
===this?

You could get some of that fiberfill type filter batting and use it to
catch the silt, but it may make for a lot of filter changing, but it
will eventually catch any thats in suspension and being pumped around.
There is nothing that comes in any form other than manual labor thats
gonna remove it, other than a finer filtration material until its
gone. Is it an accumulation from over the years or what?

Old 15-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Reel McKoi

"Our Family" wrote in message
I am having a hard time this year, my water will not clear up. My pond is
over three years old and has not had a problem with this before. I have a
very fine silt that gets stirred up with my pump running. If I turn it

off
it will settle but it is so fine that as soon as I try to vac the botton

it
will stir up and that does no good. Any good product that may help with
this?

=====================
When my ponds get enough of this fine silt we drain them out and refill
them. This happens about every other year. You could also try a finer
filter material but I found that doesn't work all that well.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
before flushing." :-)

Old 15-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Reel McKoi

Our Family wrote:
I am having a hard time this year, my water will not clear up. My pond is
over three years old and has not had a problem with this before. I have a
very fine silt that gets stirred up with my pump running. If I turn it off
it will settle but it is so fine that as soon as I try to vac the botton it
will stir up and that does no good. Any good product that may help with
this?

Yup, it is called common sense.
Reverend Mother the honorable Cracklin' Rosie Mckoi.... the frugal
ponder...
"To persevere in one's duty and
be silent, is the best answer to calumny."
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 15-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Fred Hall

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:04:35 -0400, Reel McKoi
wrote:

Our Family wrote:
I am having a hard time this year, my water will not clear up. My pond is
over three years old and has not had a problem with this before. I have a
very fine silt that gets stirred up with my pump running. If I turn it off
it will settle but it is so fine that as soon as I try to vac the botton it
will stir up and that does no good. Any good product that may help with
this?

Yup, it is called common sense.

Can my pond be in full sun all day, or should it have afternoon shade?

Old 15-05-2005, 09:12 PM
~Roy~

Well if you put it on wheels you can move it where you want it.

Most smart ponders sucxh as Reel McKoi would have known that..

On Sun, 15 May 2005 13:12:29 -0500, Fred Hall
wrote:

===On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:04:35 -0400, Reel McKoi
===wrote:
===

Old 15-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Reel McKoi