Old 16-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Jeff Brown

Default Scarecrow

We have now purchased one and are almost ready to go....are there any
suggestions on the type of hose to use or not use. We have noticed that all
the hoses at H.D. & Lowe's have the statement that they are not intended for
constant pressure. What is being used and where do you find a hose that
will be under constant pressure? Thanks
Kathy Brown

Old 16-05-2005, 04:11 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Mon, 16 May 2005 10:12:16 -0400, "Jeff Brown"
wrote:

We have now purchased one and are almost ready to go....are there any
suggestions on the type of hose to use or not use. We have noticed that all
the hoses at H.D. & Lowe's have the statement that they are not intended for
constant pressure. What is being used and where do you find a hose that
will be under constant pressure? Thanks
Kathy Brown

We used a garden hose for a long time with no problem, but we wanted to get
the hose off the grass, so last year DS hard piped one and the other,
where he needed some flexibility, he got some tubing from the hardware
store. There are hoses that handle pressure, check the travel trailer
supplies. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 16-05-2005, 05:07 PM
San Diego Joe

"Jeff Brown" wrote:

We have now purchased one and are almost ready to go....are there any
suggestions on the type of hose to use or not use. We have noticed that all
the hoses at H.D. & Lowe's have the statement that they are not intended for
constant pressure. What is being used and where do you find a hose that
will be under constant pressure? Thanks
Kathy Brown

Get a radiator hose. I bought mine at Home Depot. Also, the line doesn't
need to be at full pressure, just enough for a single spray.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the pond gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill"

Old 16-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Greg Cooper

Jeff Brown wrote:
We have now purchased one and are almost ready to go....are there any
suggestions on the type of hose to use or not use. We have noticed that all
the hoses at H.D. & Lowe's have the statement that they are not intended for
constant pressure. What is being used and where do you find a hose that
will be under constant pressure? Thanks
Kathy Brown

The one I have been using for 3 years now was purchases at a regular
building/garden supply but was recommended for farm use I belive. It is
a heavy black reinforced rubber. It you buy a top quality rubbere
hose not plastic I think you should be OK. I suggest when you set it up
that you experiment a bit to determine the mimimum tap setting that
provides enough water to operate. That way it it does ever spring a
leak it cant flow the maximum volume of water while you are away.
Cheers.
Old 16-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Reel McKoi

"Jeff Brown" wrote in message
We have now purchased one and are almost ready to go....are there any
suggestions on the type of hose to use or not use. We have noticed that

all
the hoses at H.D. & Lowe's have the statement that they are not intended

for
constant pressure. What is being used and where do you find a hose that
will be under constant pressure? Thanks

=============================
Aren't washing machine hoses for use under constant pressure? I only had one
to pop since 1964.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"Please check people's headers for forgeries

help - Scarecrow Sprinkler ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 0 07-08-2003 08:12 AM
scarecrow michael.murphy7 Ponds 1 06-07-2003 06:44 PM
Scarecrow issues Sue Alexandre Ponds 12 02-07-2003 08:20 AM
Scarecrow Sue Alexandre Ponds 5 30-06-2003 04:32 AM
Scarecrow DIY improvement joe Ponds 0 28-06-2003 10:32 PM