Old 19-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland
Default from the point of view of a newbie to the board

I have only recently found this 'UK' board and a large proportion of the threads seem to be dominated by complaints about the behaviour of certain poster/s, I cant be bothered to find out who, and the detremental affect that these posters are having on the board.
Rather than have umpteen dozen threads of complaint why not email the moderators etc and ignore these people's posts. I dont know anything about website management and the "viewed from other places" nature of this board is new to me but I would assume that since this board appears to be the repository for these annoying posts then a moderator can, if needs be, delete them. Also what happens on other boards is irreleavant, "she said" "he said" on such and such and continual threads of complaint will deter new posters FAR quicker than having the odd dipstick make an assenine post/s.
Besides which such threads only fuel the egos of those people so for goodness sake if you want the board to prosper stop whinging and post about subject matter relevant to the board, ie ponds
Old 19-05-2005, 03:20 PM
cat daddy

"sean mckinney" wrote in message

[...]

You're viewing and posting from a website that is leeching content from a
Usenet newsgroup, the majority of which does not originate from
gardenbanter.com. There is no moderator and the group is not limited to the
UK.

This might help you from their FAQ:
"Ignore lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not to
read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these
individuals will be hidden when you read a thread."

Old 19-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Andy

sean mckinney wrote:
I have only recently found this 'UK' board and a large proportion of the

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15417

Might explain the error in your thinking...

--
Andy
Old 19-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Larry

On Thu, 19 May 2005 09:04:05 +0000, sean mckinney
wrote:

[...]

Sean,

Just keep loading up your kilfile and enjoy the pond stuff that's
left.

Larry

Old 20-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Registered User