Old 28-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Bill C

Default Edge it

I'm trying to find a way to hide the edge of my pond liner and was
wondering if anyone used "Edge It" for their pond edging, and if so how does
it look?

Bill

Old 28-05-2005, 06:14 PM
kathy

Looked via google and froogle and could
not find anything on it. Do you have a website
that might explain it and/or show it?

Needless to say I don't have any experience
with it. We used a combination of rock and
sod to hide our liner to get a natural look.

You can see pictures of the pond if you go
to the blog and look at the archived articles
to the right.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromtheblog.com

Old 28-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Reel McKoi

"Bill C" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a way to hide the edge of my pond liner and was
wondering if anyone used "Edge It" for their pond edging, and if so how

does
it look?

===================
I heard of it but don't know what it looks like. We used native limestone
(free) to hide the liner edge.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 28-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Gareee©

Someone brought it up a month or so ago, but it's not that cheap, and is
only available from Egland, so shipping's a killer as well.

I'm wondering if burlap, or another coarse cloth material might work, once
seeded with something....

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Old 28-05-2005, 10:11 PM
colin smith

"Bill C" wrote in message
I'm trying to find a way to hide the edge of my pond liner and was
wondering if anyone used "Edge It" for their pond edging, and if so how
does
it look?

Bill

I used a combination of bamboo which is wired together held in place using
tent wire tent pegs and those edging stones which you can buy from garden
centres they are concrete held together with twine as used in some
blockpaving ect you can see the results at
http://www.byphotos.com/shared/photo...&page=&gr oup
let me know what you think.

Colin

Old 29-05-2005, 01:58 AM
Sue777

Hi, Bill:
I'm the one that brought up Edge-It about a month ago. I had found it
on a UK website and thought it sounded like the perfect solution. I
ordered three since I found them pretty inexpensive, and the shipping
was pretty cheap, too. Unfortunately here in Connecticut we've had
lousy weekends for the past month and today is the first chance I've
had to actually go out and use one of the Edge-Its. I panicked when
I saw my pond water turning muddy from some of the dirt leaching
through the bag part of the Edge-It, and if it's not all clear by
morning (I think it will be because it already looks a lot better just
one hour later) I may use the next Edge-It without any dirt in it. I
find that watercress and pachysandria do just fine without dirt as long
as they're immersed in water. Now granted the few plants I stuck in
today's Edge-It haven't started to grow and fill in yet, but it already
looks better seeing the Edge-It than it did when the shiny, black liner
was showing.
Sue

Old 29-05-2005, 07:50 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

I used a combination of bamboo which is wired together held in place using
tent wire tent pegs and those edging stones which you can buy from garden
centres they are concrete held together with twine as used in some
blockpaving ect you can see the results at
http://www.byphotos.com/shared/photo...&page=&gr oup
let me know what you think.
Colin

Looks really nice. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 29-05-2005, 07:52 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Now granted the few plants I stuck in
today's Edge-It haven't started to grow and fill in yet, but it already
looks better seeing the Edge-It than it did when the shiny, black liner
was showing.
Sue

Don't forget Sue, we want to see pictures. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 29-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Bill C

Kathy,
This is the link to the website but it is in England. Shipping for 10
Edge It's would to NY would be L4.40

Bill

oups.com...

Old 29-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Gareee©

"Bill C" wrote in message
Kathy,
This is the link to the website but it is in England. Shipping for 10
Edge It's would to NY would be L4.40

Based on the current exchange rate, for a 12x13 pond, you'd need about 16
edge-its, and that would be $137 US or so, plus shipping, which would be
about $8 us or so.

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply

Extending edge of butyl liner to stop leaking JohnB United Kingdom 1 14-04-2003 03:20 PM
Plants for a pond edge Neil Law Ponds 5 20-03-2003 03:56 PM
FS: Black & Decker Edge Hog 11 amp Electric Edger John North Carolina 0 17-03-2003 12:32 PM
Explanation of "edge effects" David Hare-Scott Permaculture 10 24-11-2002 01:18 PM
ground cover for pond edge Carol Russell United Kingdom 3 30-09-2002 10:24 AM