Old 11-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Gary Woods

Default Pond report (short form)

Took a few pictures which I'll post links for this evening. The
"Virginalis" hardy lily has a single flower, good old "Fabiola" has blooms
all over the place.
And Walter seems to have taken up his hot weather residence under a biggish
bed of escaped "Sumptuosa" lilies.
Notes to self:
Digital cameras generally overexpose water lilies, due to bright flowers on
dark background. I'm sure there's a spot mode six level down in the menus.
I just told it to underexpose two stops, which worked passably.
Shooting through cheapo Wally World polarized sunglasses yields weird
reflections and weirder colors. I'll have to figure out how to hold a real
polarizer in front to the camera that's not much bigger than my 55mm
Minolta filters.. Or just break down and take some real film images and
scan...
The steambath continues. Why ain't I losing weight?

Old 11-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Reel McKoi

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Took a few pictures which I'll post links for this evening. The
"Virginalis" hardy lily has a single flower, good old "Fabiola" has blooms
all over the place.
And Walter seems to have taken up his hot weather residence under a

biggish
bed of escaped "Sumptuosa" lilies.
Notes to self:
Digital cameras generally overexpose water lilies, due to bright flowers

on
dark background.

$$ I have not had this problem with my HP digital camera. Perhaps you need
to wait until a slightly overcast day or later in the day when the sun isn't
so bright overhead. My pond page is almost done. Almost all the pics were
taken with my digital camera.

The steambath continues. Why ain't I losing weight?

$$ Eat less! :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.