Old 14-06-2005, 03:47 PM
kathy

Default finally water hyacinth!

Finally got some decent water hyacinth
here locally. One of my ponding friends
picked me up some yesterday. She stopped
by to visit the new turtle and the new
turtle came out to be charming. I told my
15-yr-old son to name her and he came up
with Lily. So now Lily, a painted turtle,
has joined the pond family. (And will probably
eat all the new water hyacinths by week's
end ;-)

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ a snake story

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 14-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Bonnie NJ

Lily is the name of my Momma canary! She has hatched a fuzzy peach peep.
She'd probably enjoy nibbling on the water hyacinth also. She does love the
water celery.

--
Bonnie
NJ
ups.com...

Old 14-06-2005, 04:00 PM
kathy

Canary babies!!!
How fun!
You have the neatest hobbies :-)

This week, around our house, our hobby
is Football - football is life, thou shalt have
no other life other than football, plan your
day accordingly, oh, she who drives The
Linebacker to and from practices.

k :-)

Old 14-06-2005, 04:07 PM
~Roy~

When you say "painted" you are referring to a painted type slider
right, not a turtle with its shell painted!
Do you recall many many years ago when they used to sell baby turtles
in the 5 & 10 cent type stores that had designs painted on their
shells, or their shells were painted in all different colors........

On 14 Jun 2005 07:47:50 -0700, "kathy" wrote:

===
===Finally got some decent water hyacinth
===here locally. One of my ponding friends
===picked me up some yesterday. She stopped
===by to visit the new turtle and the new
===turtle came out to be charming. I told my
===15-yr-old son to name her and he came up
===with Lily. So now Lily, a painted turtle,
===has joined the pond family. (And will probably
===eat all the new water hyacinths by week's
===end ;-)
===
===kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
===this week ~ a snake story
===
===Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~
===http://hometown.aol.com/ka30p/myhomepage/garden.html

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 14-06-2005, 04:39 PM
kathy

Yup, I can remember that far back!

Lily is a real painted turtle, and very pretty
in her turtle-ly way.

k :-)

Old 14-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Bonnie NJ

I do remember that well!

--
Bonnie
NJ
oups.com...

Old 14-06-2005, 05:31 PM
CanadianCowboy©

On this note I wanted to ask if goldfish eat water hyacinth. I have
noticed that mine looks eaten away and I don't know if it is the fish or
plant decomposing.

Old 14-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Reel Mckoi

"CanadianCowboy©" wrote in message
On this note I wanted to ask if goldfish eat water hyacinth. I have
noticed that mine looks eaten away and I don't know if it is the fish or
plant decomposing.

======================
Both GF and koi will eat the roots. I usually keep mine in the settling
tank where they have grown HUGE. I only leave them in the ponds long enough
for the fish to lay their eggs among the roots - then remove them.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 17-06-2005, 08:50 PM
news group

kathy wrote:

Finally got some decent water hyacinth
here locally. One of my ponding friends
picked me up some yesterday.

Mine just bloomed! I small lavender blossom! What a surprise! :-)