Old 17-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Wilmdale

Default Water Garden Therapy

Ok, what do you do when you can't do what you want to do with your pond
and filters and all when you want to do it?
First you stroll around the pond rethinking what you are planning to do
and wondering why you did not think of that the first time. Then, just
so you feel like you have done something constructive, look for the most
crowded pot(s) of plants, take them out, split them, repot them, put one
(or one of each) back in your pond and give the other to your neighbor
who has a pond! Then you can walk around your pond a bit more looking
at your latest handiwork and feeling better about the other stuff.
Try it! Works good for me! Anyone else have a 'water garden therapy'
they do?
W. Dale

Old 17-06-2005, 09:22 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

I call that The Ponder's Putter.

I don't understand people who say, "Boy, it must be nice to sit out here
and listen to the waterfall and watch the fish swim." Sit!!!! ??

What you describe below is what gives me the "feel good" feeling about my
ponds. Pinch off something here, rearrange something there. ~ jan

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:56:59 -0600, Wilmdale wrote:

Ok, what do you do when you can't do what you want to do with your pond
and filters and all when you want to do it?
First you stroll around the pond rethinking what you are planning to do
and wondering why you did not think of that the first time. Then, just
so you feel like you have done something constructive, look for the most
crowded pot(s) of plants, take them out, split them, repot them, put one
(or one of each) back in your pond and give the other to your neighbor
who has a pond! Then you can walk around your pond a bit more looking
at your latest handiwork and feeling better about the other stuff.
Try it! Works good for me! Anyone else have a 'water garden therapy'
they do?
W. Dale

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 17-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Ok, what do you do when you can't do what you want to do with your pond
and filters and all when you want to do it?
First you stroll around the pond rethinking what you are planning to do
and wondering why you did not think of that the first time. Then, just
so you feel like you have done something constructive, look for the most
crowded pot(s) of plants, take them out, split them, repot them, put one
(or one of each) back in your pond and give the other to your neighbor
who has a pond! Then you can walk around your pond a bit more looking
at your latest handiwork and feeling better about the other stuff.
Try it! Works good for me! Anyone else have a 'water garden therapy'
they do?
W. Dale

=================
Your therapy is my therapy. I just potted up several pond plants for the
neighbor putting in a 3 to 4000 gallon pond across the road. :-)

Tomorrow my husband and I are going to spend the day emptying out the 800
gallon pond, removing the goldfish and culling the butterfly koi. This
neighbor wants anything we're getting rid of........
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 17-06-2005, 11:08 PM
~Roy~

I can leave the pond today after I am satisfied with how things are,
yet first thing in the morning and going down to the pond to wake up
with a hot cup of coffee, I will still start to piddle around and most
times the coffee gets cold and I am off to playaing around with the
pond, plants, fish. My wife gets burned up with me always fiddling
around and not just letting it alone. Especially when I ask her what
fountain nozzle she wants on the fountains, etc..........I wish I
could just let things be, but there is always a blad eof gras here or
a miss shaped leaf there, or something that needs to be tinkered with.

n Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:22:18 -0700, ~ janj JJsPond.us
wrote:

===I call that The Ponder's Putter.
===
[...]

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 17-06-2005, 11:39 PM
kathy

Hmmmmm. There is no gardnerer in the phrase
for me, though I like plants.... but for me hanging
out around the pond is watching for critters.
Keeping an eye out for turtles, frogs, insects,
snails - finding a new slimy, odd or strange
critter is the best part of ponding for me!

Maybe I should write up rat-tail maggots next
week for the blog! Has to be one of my stranger
ponding finds.

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ introducing Miss Lily,
a painted turtle

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 18-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Reel Koi :-\)

"Courageous" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:41:20 -0400, Reel Mckoi

wrote:

You get another hobby, like japanese rock gardens.

Yes, and then the hobby can flood indoors, like
marine reef aquaria. Pretty soon, you are life
rich and cash poor. *wink*

C//

====================
And some people can't afford any hobbies at all. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

Old 20-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Registered User

[quote=~Roy~]I can leave the pond today after I am satisfied with how things are,

I am the same way- and my family doesn't understand either. I have revised, added too, revised my revisions..........lol
Old 22-06-2005, 07:20 PM
elaine

yup...do that alot. Yesterday when I was "supposed" to be planting all
the perennials lying in their pots at various spots in the
gardens(never could resist a "cool" new plant or garden centre), I
ended up spending all day rearranging plants in the garden around the
pond since they "just didn't look right". Hubby came home and said
"planting dear...not moving"..to which my reply was
"potatoe..potato"...
gardens and ponds...2 things which are NEVER finished

Elaine

Old 27-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Glen Pritchard

I remind myself to sometimes sit down on the comfortable covered-swing I
bought specifically for that spot by the pond, feed the long-tailed goldfish
I chose because they were easy-care, listen to the waterfall whose stones I
spent hours arranging for good sound effect, take a deep breath, clear my
mind and just relax.
If I manage do stay there 10 minutes that's a really good day. G

Blasko

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...
I eat my dinner cold every day. I just can't pull myself way from my pond.

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
snip Anyone else have a 'water garden therapy'
they do?
W. Dale

Any root therapy? caparazon Orchids 15 11-12-2004 12:15 AM
Brand new herbal/complementary therapy newsletter to be launched shortly SAKARIA8 Ponds 1 07-05-2004 10:08 PM
Brand new herbal/complementary therapy newsletter to be launched shortly SAKARIA8 Orchids 0 07-05-2004 03:07 PM
Brand new herbal/complementary therapy newsletter to be launched shortly SAKARIA8 Roses 0 07-05-2004 03:06 PM
Brand new herbal/complementary therapy newsletter to be launched shortly SAKARIA8 Gardening 0 07-05-2004 03:05 PM