Old 25-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Bill Stock

Default The Algae War!

I'm losing.

The floating plants I bought to help battle the Algae are not doing well, I
suspect a lack of nutrients, Nitrates are 0, Phosphates are low, Potassium?
The Lilies have not bloomed this year. I thing the Algae is taking all the
nutrients away from the plants. I fertilized the Lilies and added some
Potassium for the other plants, but it's time for some Algaecide (NO, not
the chemical kind).

I'm considering blacking out half the pond and corralling all the floating
plants in the other half. Plan B is some Phosphate reducing resin in the
filter, but I don't know how the reduced Phosphate will impact the WH. I've
also read that the Algae kill can have a negative impact on the oxygen
levels for the fish? Will Landscape Fabric suffice for the blackout?

Old 25-06-2005, 11:56 PM
kathy

Someone, today, just posted about
nutrients and potassium and phosphate
or along those lines. I went to find it but,
of course, can't.

Can you search the news group for posts
today and tomorrow. I think it was Tom or
Rich that posted it.

I think it might have some answers that
you need.

kathy :-)

Old 26-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Bill Stock

"Courageous" wrote in message

Can you search the news group for posts
today and tomorrow. I think it was Tom or
Rich that posted it.

On google groups, one can do this, although
it's sometimes a bit delayed there.

C//

Thanks, it was in the Pixi thread. I added Potassium again today, so we'll
see how they do. I may add some Iron too. Since it tested 0 today as well.
I've got a lifetime supply for the aquariums anyway.

Old 27-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Courageous

Can you search the news group for posts
today and tomorrow. I think it was Tom or
Rich that posted it.

On google groups, one can do this, although
it's sometimes a bit delayed there.

C//

Algae Algae Algae -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 16 23-08-2003 09:32 AM
Hysterical right wingers and war William Barwell sci.agriculture 0 30-03-2003 12:32 PM
US pulls back from food war with Europe Marcus Williamson sci.agriculture 33 27-03-2003 11:08 AM
OT financing the war K30a Ponds 2 24-02-2003 02:16 AM
here's an interesting idea for those of you who don't want war with J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 31-01-2003 12:55 AM