Old 12-07-2005, 06:48 PM
kathy

Went out to the bog, no lilies blooming.
Went over to the pond, ONE lily blooming.
Pink. ;-)

Lily, the turtle, was in her Command Post, where
she keeps watch on the pond. Saw me, jumped (well,
a turtle type 'jump') in the water and swam right on
over. FEED ME!

I suspect Lily ate all other available lily blooms for
today. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ bladderwort

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 12-07-2005, 10:03 PM
2pods

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Went out to the bog, no lilies blooming.
Went over to the pond, ONE lily blooming.
Pink. ;-)

That's all I have so far, one pink flower :-(
Still, the other two lilies are pushing up buds and there are more on the
original.

There's nothing doing with my dwarf tropical in the half barrel. It's still
growing, but 'cos I had it in the freshwater tank and cut the floating pads,
it just grows buds on the floor of it's pot :-)

Peter

Old 12-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Lilly

Awe how cute. I love turtles.

About a month ago I was *really* jazzed, we had a female Spotted Turtle
in the yard! This is our little visitor. I guess I can expect to see
her for years to come.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95599065@N00/22806188/

We named her Daisy. Spotted Turtle seemed so impersonal. ;-)

Old 12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
kathy

On first viewing turtles can seem rather
more like moveable boxes than adorable
critters but they really do have personalities
and Lily is now the undisputed Queen of the Pond.

(We're not sure where Her Royal Highness The
Lady Bullfrog went but she will be standoffish for
months at a time..... I think I'm seeing a trend start
here with the royality names. I suppose the koi could
be court jesters and the goldfish the serfs.)

You can find a picture of Lily archived in the blog.