Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Diane

Default Prep Mini roses for winter

I have two miniature roses at the end of my driveway that are in decorative
pots. They have done exceptionally well particularly after I cut them back
and feed them. They have provided a wealth of blooms and I am so pleased
with them.

I need some advice about how to prep them for winter. The pots are
moveable. Can I leave them in the pots and move them into our garage for
the winter? Can/should I cover them? (I live in upstate New York above
Albany so it can get bitterly cold here in the winter). Should I cut them
back and feed them just before I bring them inside? When is the best time
to bring them in?

Are there repotting tips someone can share? How do I know when it's the
time to repot to larger containers. At this point I don't intend to plant
them in the ground. They seem to still have plent of room to grow in their
containers.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I would appreciate any
assistance.

D.