Old 13-09-2005, 01:19 PM
lucy boone

Default White stuff on roses

I use a product named rose pharm, it treats black spot, powdery mildew, (not a big problem in my area of Florida) & rust ... it helps with thrips, aphids, spidermites, whiteflies,scales,leafhoppers and earwigs as well it is all natural and biodegradable .... it contains cottonseed oil peppermint oil and rosemary as well as potassium bicarbonate..now if it only self applied itself =)

you can find it at http://www.pharmsolutionsinc.com/rose_pharm.html it is a little expensive, but if you can afford the gallon size it really will last you a long time. I hope it helps or gives you some info on alternatives to heavy sprays. Best of Luck
Andrew

Old 14-09-2005, 06:11 AM
Jim

In article ,
"lucy boone" wrote:

I use a product named rose pharm, it treats black spot, powdery mildew, (not
a big problem in my area of Florida) & rust ... it helps with thrips, aphids,
spidermites, whiteflies,scales,leafhoppers and earwigs as well it is all
natural and biodegradable .... it contains cottonseed oil peppermint oil and
rosemary as well as potassium bicarbonate..now if it only self applied itself
=)

you can find it at http://www.pharmsolutionsinc.com/rose_pharm.html it is a
little expensive, but if you can afford the gallon size it really will last
you a long time. I hope it helps or gives you some info on alternatives to
heavy sprays. Best of Luck

Andrew...I have tried to use Rose Pharm and quite frankly... had to stop
using it. I followed directions very carefully, applying in the evening
after watering bushes in morning as directed. Most of the leaves burned
heavily eventually falling off.

I initially used it for powdery mildew. Powdery mildew went away when
all the affected leaves fell off. I also applied for aphid infestation
without success... leaves burned and aphid colony grew.

Also discussed product with nursery. Fellow I talked with said he'd also
stopped using it because of he was not fond of the way Rose Pharm turned
leaves shiny. I emailed company regarding problem... go response.

Sorry... no endorsement from me... Jim

White stuff in my compost.. Mitulove United Kingdom 2 30-04-2009 01:44 AM
Stuff they never tell you-vegetables and composting stuff Tuckermor Edible Gardening 0 29-11-2004 04:07 PM
white stuff Maryann Albano Orchids 2 22-09-2003 11:52 PM
roses - black spot on leaves..white spots on roses? DigitalVinyl Gardening 3 25-06-2003 06:08 PM
[IBC] White stuff David J. Bockman Bonsai 10 19-02-2003 03:03 PM