Old 04-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Huskies4all

Default I grow...

In article Haaja.320992$3D1.176425@sccrnsc01,
says...
I am glad you could put the ground to good use ;) I am dying to get outside
to play, but as I said early the weather has been horribly wet, cold and windy.
Time to get the Wiltpruf and go for it after finding the galoshes. What kind
of roses do you grow?

Honestly, I'm just not sure on a lot of them. We started out on this
rose adventure because of our neighbors...we wanted a thorny barrier
between us and them. Now I think I'm addicted, but I didn't keep records
of exactly what we planted. Now, the only ones I can remember are my
Queen Elizabeth, Mr. Lincoln (I have two, one of which is waaaaay sickly
and is being trashed this year.), Tiffany, and Cl. Don Juan. There are a
few that I THINK I know the names, but I wonder if they were mislabled.
For instance, "Orange Koster" turned out to be a light lavender mini. I
have no idea if that's what it's supposed to be. My QE is pretty cool,
though I think there's quite a bit of dieback this year. We had one of
those hot/cold winters.

I have about 20 rose plants, but quite a few are getting ripped out and
replaced this year with ones I like better. I'm thinking of putting in
some more with fragrance. So many of mine just aren't impressing me on
the color/form/fragrance...so they're gone. You know, we started with
the $3.99 Walmart roses, so you can just imagine... I did get one that
is really neat...I don't know the name, but it's a very clear white that
smells just like white wine.

Well, I'm off to my sister's Senior Recital for her Bachelor of Music -
Vocal Performance, so I'll see your answer on Monday!

CJ