Old 07-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Cass

Default Fortune's Double Yellow

It doesn't get any better than this, at least here. The overall
impression is mostly buff and yellow right now, with an interesting
range of buds from yellow to this lovely carmine pink. So if you like
it, here they a

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...oI/FDYMany.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...I/FDYrange.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...oI/FDYbuds.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...esAtoI/FDY.jpg
Old 07-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Allegra

"Cass" put this eye candy (this is not rose porn, believe me) for us to enjoy and...

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...oI/FDYMany.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...I/FDYrange.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...oI/FDYbuds.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...esAtoI/FDY.jpg

even the one who is not fond of yellows could learn to love this one.

Allegra

Old 10-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Littlemoon

I've been watching this rose with interest for some time. Does it
have the strong fragrance that it is reported to have?

Littlemoon

Old 10-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Cass

Littlemoon wrote:

I've been watching this rose with interest for some time. Does it
have the strong fragrance that it is reported to have?

This one does not, tho I'm told there are many different clones of FDY.
The effect of scent is caused by the huge number of blooms, not by the
heavy scent of any one bloom. Are you in a warm party of the country? I
can't remember, sorry.

Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Theo Asir

Helpmefind has the impossibly
accurate dimension of
Height of 8' 2" to 39' 4". Width of 4' 11".

So is yours the 39'4" variety.

I can only watch & salivate, my nose
squashed against the monitor in my
Zone 5 garden.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 11-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Cass

It's rough, Theo, I know. Mine is a young plant collected by a Heritage
Roses member in Santa Cruz, so it's only sent out 6 foot canes. Wait
till this summer...... I've seen pictures of FDY growing over rooftops
in Texas. The plant as Vintage Gardens is only 12 feet tall, gets no
summer water and is much more beautiful than mine because it's grown in
the shade.

"Cass" wrote in message
It doesn't get any better than this, at least here. The overall
impression is mostly buff and yellow right now, with an interesting
range of buds from yellow to this lovely carmine pink. So if you like
it, here they a

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...oI/FDYMany.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...I/FDYrange.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...oI/FDYbuds.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...esAtoI/FDY.jpg

Yellow Double Hibiscus-8518 Maroochy Garden Photos 10 13-01-2010 11:07 AM
Make fortune Mick Fournier Orchids 1 14-07-2004 10:05 PM
Make fortune Howard Bamboo 0 09-07-2004 11:02 PM
Horticultural "Fortune Cookie" David Hill United Kingdom 17 26-11-2003 06:32 PM
Chinese Fortune Bamboo andr0meda Bamboo 2 27-08-2003 12:02 PM