Old 16-03-2007, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Name that rose?

I'm trying to find a rose that was made by a person in France, has a
light pink color and the name of it is a womans name (first and last)
and the last name is also the last name of the person who made the
rose. Perhaps that wasn't clear: Some one came up with a new rose, and
that person named it with his or her last name, but the first name is
a womans name. I'm not sure if the creator was a man or a woman, but
the rose is named for a woman. Perhaps the sister, daughter, wife,
etc...

Sorry but that is all I can remember of it.

I have a picture which is posted he
http://www.sxlist.com/images/rose.jpg

It is a VERY lovely rose and I was very impressed with it when I saw
it. I wrote down the name, but then lost it. Any help very appreciated.

Old 16-03-2007, 02:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Gorgeous rose! I'm not familiar with it,
from the photo or your description. You
might want to go to
www.helpmefind.com and do an
will give you a list of names and you might
well recognize the name you're looking for.

BTW, hybridizers naming roses for
family members and friends isn't all that
unusual, e.g. "Pat Austin". So I'm not
sure how much of a clue that is.

Good luck!

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA

Old 18-03-2007, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Could the last name be Meilland?
This is thier web site http://www.meilland.com/xmain/indexeng.html

Good Luck

--