Old 28-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Shiva

Default Granada (was 7b: Bud report 4/26)

On 28 Apr 2003 13:38:52 GMT, Daniel Hanna
wrote:

It's not pure pink for me, Shiva. There is definitely a hint of yellow
at the base. But pink is definitely there for me, as it is for others.
See eg:

http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=3086
http://www.mistydowns.com.au/detaile...asp?roseID=509

I do see--and I am not questioning that your rose is Granada, because
the form in unmistakable. But honestly, mine looks different! The
shade that is not orange or yellow is more of a washed out apple
red--or something. I will try to get a shot of one on the bush when I
get a battery and film for my camera.

I do love it. I don't begrude the spraying effort it will take to keep
the mildew away.

I'm glad you don't mind caring for it. Most of the roses I love have
their problems--usually they are the first to blackspot or mildew, and
the first eaten by insects. Another that is like that is Gold Medal.
Have you encountered this rose in person? Blooms damned near as
gorgeous as Granada--clear yellow edged lightly with cerise that
appears to bleed a bit of peach into the yellow--and the fragrance is
actually stronger to my nose. Rosy, not fruity. Amazing. More on it in
a minute.

The blooms are huge, superior in form to its daughter
Double Delight but with slightly less perfume. I owe you one, Shiva!

Oh no you don't, my friend! You turned me on to White
Lightnin'--currently my very favorite white, and my only fragrant
one!!

Tigress pictures, plus Granada and a mystery rose torgo Roses 0 01-05-2003 11:20 AM
7b: Bud report 4/26 Scopata Fuori Roses 12 30-04-2003 12:20 AM
Granada was Breaking Dormancy... Susan H. Simko Roses 1 29-04-2003 04:44 PM
Granada Daniel Hanna Roses 10 02-03-2003 04:15 PM
Double Delight (was Granada) Daniel Hanna Roses 1 28-02-2003 03:03 PM