Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Oldtimer

Default Worst time of he year for me!

I have a rose called "Promise", it is without a doubt the most
beautiful pink rose I have ever saw, it's color and texture is very
feminine, the long stem bud,as the pink begins to show,is just as
beautiful as th open rose. My 5 year old plant has 5 open and perhaps
another 6 or eight ready.

On my way back to the house, my Mr Lincoln has a 5" bloom, it is
majestic, it is the epitome of what a rose should look like- - -could
it be my fovorite?

On the otherhand, as I passed a twenty feet fence that has two 4 year
old "Don Juans" and perhaps 200 blooms, you could smell them two
blocks away, the fragrance was almost heavenly.

My two, 4 year old "Blaze" with their 10 feet canes are loaded with
literaly a thousand buds, and have began to burst open on the tips of
the canes- -they are not my favorite, they are family, I think.

My two year old JFK has two of the whitest bloom I think I have ever
seen,thoughit has a very beautiful bloom, I don't think it could ever
be my favorite, to me it represent a tragic time, that I remember so
very well.

Oh, I forgot to mention "Oklahoma", like some from Oklahoma, it is a
little slow this year- -but when it does come forth it will be
dyno-mite. It's bloom is almost black- -when it blooms, I'll think it
is my favorite, I'm sure.

My two ladies of ladies "Queen Elizabeths" are about 50% of full
bloom. Though they are beautiful, they could never be my favorite.
They remind me of one of my grandmothers. She was the classiest lady
I ever knew, but she was strict with children.

Really, I think my choice will have to be the "Promise", maybe
because I looked at it last- -what is your favorite rose, I'd like to
know.

Have a good day, Roger