Old 24-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Shiva

Default Blue Nile

I just cut the first big bloom off of this Weeks rose, a bare root
from S&W in its first year here.

The bud form is wonderful--urn shaped and long. I can already smell
the sweet fragrance, and the color is really interesting.

It has been cool here, so the color is deeper now than it gets in hot
weather if this rose is like all the others I grow. This rose has a
deep mauve-violet petal edge, then lightens dramatically until the
base of the petal is white at the tip. The colors give this rose a
frosted look, and accentuate its lovely curves.

I fully expect this to be as fussy as most in its class and shade.
It's okay, I can take it! So far, I like it. I know the thrips and
JBs will too.
Old 24-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Daniel Hanna

In 8a16cfb1c207fe8f815e75e793025e4e@TeraNews Shiva wrote:
I fully expect this to be as fussy as most in its class and shade.
It's okay, I can take it! So far, I like it. I know the thrips and
JBs will too.

Shiva, I hope you keep us up to date on this one. I have ordered
Ernest's Blue this year - it's supposed to be a healthier 'blue' all
round but time will tell.
Old 31-05-2003, 08:56 AM
cmonkey

Where can you find the rose called the Blue Nile. It sounds really beautiful.
Could you send me an e-mail at and let me know where I
to could get this beautiful rose.
Old 31-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Shiva

cmonkey wrote:

Where can you find the rose called the Blue Nile. It sounds really

beautiful.

I live in NC so I ordered mine bare root from S&W Greenhouse in TN.

http://www.sw-greenhouse.com/

Old 06-06-2003, 03:44 AM
thomas schroeder

www.schroederventures.com
"cmonkey" wrote in message
Where can you find the rose called the Blue Nile. It sounds really

beautiful.
Could you send me an e-mail at and let me know

where I
to could get this beautiful rose.

Mosquitos, West Nile Virus and Birds Rusty Mase Texas 2 16-05-2004 04:11 AM
question on west nile Lauralai Ponds 48 07-06-2003 04:22 AM
West Nile Virus and mosquitoes. Don Gardening 11 31-05-2003 10:56 AM
west nile/mosquito/fish article K30a Ponds 0 06-05-2003 02:22 AM
West Nile Fears Mark Milotay Ponds 7 02-05-2003 06:44 PM