Old 06-07-2003, 01:08 AM
Linda

Default Baby Blanket rose AND Hot Cocoa!

I just looked it up and it is a lite pink :-( I liked the super duper color
enhancer it must have had when I bought it....I just lugged it to another,
not so sunny and hot site...as it is in a pot, so will see if it ever gets
darker. I have HP book #5 and I decided to reread #4 first...so am
anxiously awaiting when I get to start #5.

I bought a J/P "Hot Cocoa" rose, not really sure I liked the end result of
brown, but WOW is it a grower and bloomer....I love the buds and beginning
of the rose. I put it into a pot too and it is doing fabulous. Funny which
roses you think you will love are not the ones that you end up really
liking!

Now if we can just get our daughter thru this HOT summer to the middle of
Aug., we will have full term granddaughters!!

--
Linda S. in So. California

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
Linda,

I have a Baby Blanket tree rose/groundcover rose combo that I bought from
Jackson & Perkins last year (actually, what I have is J&P's lame attempt

at
replacing what I ordered, but.....), but even in the J&P catalogue, Baby
Blanket is a pale pink rose. (As it is on my own plants.)

I wonder if perhaps the roses you bought had been given some "super-duper
color-upper" (boy, I guess you can tell I've just ready Harry Potter 5,
huh?) that made Baby Blanket seem like something it isn't really?

{{{{{{Linda}}}}}

(That's a big ole grandma hug for Linda.)

So, nu, are those twin granddaughters going to be the smartest kids on the
left coast, or what? You can have California -- I've already claimed

the
East Coast for my own granddaughter! (Actually, they are about to move
to the Midwest, so the East Coast may be open to new contenders!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Linda" wrote in message
I bought the rose, Baby Blanket which is a shrub and the color was a

darker
pink....It had tons of blooms, then I deadheaded and now the blooms are
coming again, but totally pale, pale pink....nothing like the rich pinks

it
was when I bought it. What could be the problem?

So. Calif. is getting HOT and it is in sun, at least 1/2 of the

day....could
that be zapping the color? Other roses seem to be maintaining their
original color..

--
Linda S. in So. California
**Anxiously awaiting the birth of identical TWIN granddaughers in Aug.

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
photographs wanted: Anthiaris toxicaria, cocoa tree infected with Cocoa Swollen Shoot Virus, (healthy tree?) Dariusz J Michalczyk Plant Science 7 10-02-2005 04:11 PM
Baby Blanket rose Linda Roses 1 05-07-2003 11:32 PM
Blanket weed on my baby water lilies eric United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 07:32 PM