Old 05-07-2003, 06:44 AM
Linda

Default Baby Blanket rose

I bought the rose, Baby Blanket which is a shrub and the color was a darker
pink....It had tons of blooms, then I deadheaded and now the blooms are
coming again, but totally pale, pale pink....nothing like the rich pinks it
was when I bought it. What could be the problem?

So. Calif. is getting HOT and it is in sun, at least 1/2 of the day....could
that be zapping the color? Other roses seem to be maintaining their
original color..

--
Linda S. in So. California
**Anxiously awaiting the birth of identical TWIN granddaughers in Aug.

Old 05-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Anne Lurie

Linda,

I have a Baby Blanket tree rose/groundcover rose combo that I bought from
Jackson & Perkins last year (actually, what I have is J&P's lame attempt at
replacing what I ordered, but.....), but even in the J&P catalogue, Baby
Blanket is a pale pink rose. (As it is on my own plants.)

I wonder if perhaps the roses you bought had been given some "super-duper
color-upper" (boy, I guess you can tell I've just ready Harry Potter 5,
huh?) that made Baby Blanket seem like something it isn't really?

{{{{{{Linda}}}}}

(That's a big ole grandma hug for Linda.)

So, nu, are those twin granddaughters going to be the smartest kids on the
left coast, or what? You can have California -- I've already claimed the
East Coast for my own granddaughter! (Actually, they are about to move
to the Midwest, so the East Coast may be open to new contenders!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
uproot baby rose plant for a day John Gardening 2 24-03-2004 01:03 PM
Baby Blanket rose AND Hot Cocoa! Linda Roses 0 06-07-2003 01:08 AM
Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose MMMavocado Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Blanket weed on my baby water lilies eric United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 07:32 PM