Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Shiva

Default Fragrant Cloud

I have had the opportunity to observe this hybrid tea in the garden of
a friend here in Raleigh over a three-year period. I have not leapt at
the chance to get it because the color--which I cannot adequately
describe-- didn't appeal to me, but after watching it for a while, I
do think I need to have it. Why?

First of all, this rose lives up to its name, and is the most fragrant
ht I have smelled. Second, it has really nice form, for those of us
who like high-centered, classic hybrid tea bloom form--the kind that
opens in a spiral. Third, this rose has very nice substance, good
thick petals that hold up in the vase and in the garden. And, lastly,
this rose has a satisfying vigor in this zone 7b climate, blooming
often. It has made the top of my list for Spring 2004 potted roses.