Old 16-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Kumar Varadan

Default suggestions

Hi, I have about 30 rose bushes and plan to plant moree next spring. I like
plant some red/pink which are about 3 feel tall. I do not want miniatures. I
like
to get some ideas. I already have lavaglut, angel face etc.

-Kumar

Old 17-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Aestiva

Hmmm ....

Red Eden Rose (syn. Eric Tabarly-Rose)
http://www.meilland.com/rja/roses/eric-tabarly.jpg

Explorer Rose "John Cabot"
http://garden.danen.org/danen/rose/jcabot.shtml
http://www.mirror.org/groups/crs/jcabot.html

Mona

Old 17-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Theo Asir

Let us know where you live.

The suggestions made by Aestiva are
pretty good but I've heard John Cabot
having trouble in hot dry areas.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 20-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Theo Asir

Thats a relatively hot/ winter mild
climate so my suggestions based on
my Z5 Kansas City garden should be
taken with a pinch of salt.

Explorer/buck/canadian roses tend
to be out of their element in your region.

I'd stick to run of the mill Hybrid teas for 3' high
roses. Any thing you get at Walmart/Home depot
ought to be suitable.

In reds & pinks I''m much taken with the following at the moment.

BP Iceberg
Hermosa
Kathryn Morley
Rosemary Rose
Veterans Honor(best red Ever IMO)
America
Ballerina
Penelope
Felicia
Salet
Frontenac
Sally Holmes (white)
Compassion (crisps in heat)

Old 22-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Cass

In article , Kumar Varadan
wrote:

Hi, I have about 30 rose bushes and plan to plant moree next spring. I like
plant some red/pink which are about 3 feel tall. I do not want miniatures. I
like
to get some ideas. I already have lavaglut, angel face etc.

Do you only want modern roses? Because a lot of chinas do very well in
Texas.
Old 22-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Daniel Hanna

In Cass wrote:
Hi, I have about 30 rose bushes and plan to plant moree next spring.
I like to plant some red/pink which are about 3 feel tall. I do not
want miniatures. I like to get some ideas. I already have lavaglut,
angel face etc.

Do you only want modern roses? Because a lot of chinas do very well in
Texas.

You could also try

Gruss an Aachen
The Squire
Sexy Rexy
Ingrid Bergman
Avon
Black Velvet
Evelyn

I have pictures of these at
http://members.optusnet.com.au/djhanna

Many of the other roses I mention on my site are going to get too tall
to keep within your height restrictions.
Old 23-10-2003, 05:22 AM
Mike

Here's a few beautiful and healthy smaller roses that are suitable for the
Austin area.

Reds:

Louis Philippe
Francis Dubreuil
Kirsten Poulsen
Sophy's Rose
John Franklin

Pinks:

Cecile Brunner
Marchesa Boccella
Mrs R.M. Finch
Hermosa
Katy Road Pink

Mike

Old 24-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Kirra

"torresd" wrote in message
Mr. Lincoln!

"Kumar Varadan" wrote in message
Hi, I have about 30 rose bushes and plan to plant moree next spring.
I like to plant some red/pink which are about 3 feel tall. I do not want

miniatures.
I like to get some ideas. I already have lavaglut, angel face etc.

-Kumar

Well, yes, Mr Lincoln is very nice. However, I think Kumar asked for 3 feet
not 3 metres (10 feet) tall!

The Mr Lincoln's at our City's display gardens are at least 3 feet pruned
and 3 metre's tall by Autumn

I agree with Mike suggestion of Francis Dubreuil. I just got one a couple of
months ago and it is supposed to only grow to 3 feet. It is a nice red and
quite fragrant. The only downfall is that the flowers seem to blow quite
quickly.

Happy rose hunting,
Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
Z10

Old 24-10-2003, 02:22 PM
torresd

Yeah, sorry. My Mr. Lincoln is 6' tall now and I planted it in March as a
stick. Beautiful though!

"Kirra" wrote in message

Mr. Lincoln!

Old 24-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Kumar Varadan

I might try Mr. Lincoln, but not at the area where I need some 3' bushes.

Also some yellow suggestions around 3' would be nice. I already
have sunsprite, amber queen, and jean giono.

-Kumar

"torresd" wrote in message
Yeah, sorry. My Mr. Lincoln is 6' tall now and I planted it in March as a
stick. Beautiful though!

"Kirra" wrote in message

Mr. Lincoln!

Old 25-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Mike

Hmm.. small yellow that's not a miniature. That's a little tougher.
Molineux is the most attractive yellow rose I know of that grows to about
3'. Chamblee's offers this rose, along with most of the pinks and reds that
were recommended as well. Mrs. Oakley Fisher is also a nice deep yellow
that only grows to about 3', but it's blooms are single and I don't know if
that would fit your plan.

Mike

Old 25-10-2003, 02:02 AM
torresd

What about St. Patrick? Too big?

"Mike" wrote in message
Hmm.. small yellow that's not a miniature. That's a little tougher.
Molineux is the most attractive yellow rose I know of that grows to about
3'. Chamblee's offers this rose, along with most of the pinks and reds

that
were recommended as well. Mrs. Oakley Fisher is also a nice deep yellow
that only grows to about 3', but it's blooms are single and I don't know

if
that would fit your plan.

Mike

Ground Cover Suggestions Needed Erika Gardening 2 31-03-2003 03:32 PM
Looking for planting suggestions. feralmong Australia 1 30-03-2003 05:56 AM
Need some plant suggestions plz Mr Noname Freshwater Aquaria Plants 11 28-03-2003 06:08 PM
[IBC] Ficus suggestions Ken Bonsai 1 25-02-2003 02:29 AM
External pump housing suggestions Don Lasko Ponds 1 12-02-2003 11:25 AM