Old 12-03-2004, 02:03 AM
Dick Zielinski

Default weak rose stems

I've only been doing roses for about three or four years now... Things
are generally ok except that my bushes won't stand up under the weight
of the flowers.

I've got good soil... I've mulched it really well. Do a regular
fertilizing program. But to no avail.

Every year I've got to stake the bushes to keep them from falling over
and breaking once they get heavy with flowers.

Talked with the nursery, they said the cain will get stronger with
time but I'm not seeing that.

What more do I need to do ??

Dick

Old 12-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Theo

It might help to use a low nitrogen
fertilizer. Nitrogen stimulates green growth.

Also don't be afraid to trim down the roses to
a healthy height. They often don't know whats good for 'em.

Finally some roses just have a weak 'habit'.
Glamis Castle comes to mind.

--
Theo

in KC Z5