Old 13-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Dallas Texas

Default Dave in Nashville

Hi Dave. When are you going to prune??
Old 14-03-2004, 06:28 AM
dave weil

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:31:01 -0600, Dallas Texas
wrote:

Hi Dave. When are you going to prune??

Probably around the 10th of April or so. I like to wait until the
chance of frost is virtually over. We're due for at least one more
good freeze (it got down to 28 couple of nights ago) if the last few
years are any indication. I *have* been snipping a little winter kill
here and there though.

I'm probably being overly conservative, but hell, I've only seen my
first tiny forsythia bloom today chuckle.

One caveat - I'm one of those "less is more" people. I'm trying to
train myself to be more aggressive with my pruning...